Deal 2 damage to two random enemy minions.
Hey you two…could you stand next to each other for a second…
How to get[edit | edit source]
Two copies of Cleave are a reward for raising a warrior to level 2.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Cleave cannot be cast if there are less than two enemy minions on the board.
- Cleave deals damage to both affected minions before queuing and resolving triggers.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Cleave is a relatively inexpensive area of effect (AoE) card with two caveats. Firstly, you cannot choose which targets to attack. Secondly, it cannot be used if your enemy has less than two minions on the field.
In the right conditions, Cleave can be very effective for removing low health minions or lowering their health to vulnerable levels. Ideally used against precisely two minions, allowing the warrior to be certain of the spell's targets.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- "Two bodies are better than one."
Cleave is a warrior ability from World of Warcraft. It is a melee attack that instantly deals a small amount of damage to the target and one additional nearby target. Cleave plays the role of a multi-target 'rage dump', allowing the warrior to burn off their excess rage using the ability, rather than simply wasting it. As such, Cleave is an inefficient attack, but is not on the global cooldown, allowing it to be used in-between other attacks in the warrior's rotation. Heroic Strike is a single-target alternative to Cleave, and is preferable for use on single targets.
This card has a similar function and shares artwork with the Cleave ability seen in the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Heroes of Azeroth" series, depicting the spell Cleave.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 126.96.36.19936 (2017-04-04) Rarity changed from Common to Free.
- Unknown alpha patch: Mana cost reduced to 2, down from 3.