Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Abilities:||Choose One, Increment attribute, Summon|
|Tags:||Area of effect, Taunt-generating, Treant-generating|
|Artist:||Alex Horley Orlandelli|
Choose One - Give your other minions +2/+2; or Summon two 2/2 Treants with Taunt.
Yes, he's a demigod. No, he doesn't need to wear a shirt.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Choose One cards[edit | edit source]
- Resulting minions
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Cenarius is a game-ending legendary. You can use him to give your other minions +2/+2, and may have enough damage to win the game whether the turn you play him, or the next. He is also very adaptable because if you have no other minions, you can choose to summon two 2/2 Treants instead, which can give you an opening for a come-back, or defend against an imminent defeat.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Who dares defile this ancient land?
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Cenarius, Lord of the Forest and patron god of all druids, is one of the most powerful and influential demigods of Azeroth.
- As the son of Elune, goddess of the moon, and the demigod Malorne, Cenarius inherited a deep connection to the world of Azeroth and its creatures. When Cenarius' birth sent a ripple through the Emerald Dream, Ysera took an immediate interest in him. Guiding him into the Dream, she taught him much of its secrets and became a foster mother of sorts to him. Cenarius grew to love the lush forests of Ysera's verdant realm. He could often be found treading its infinite dreamways, either watching over Azeroth and its creatures, or simply hoping for all that they might yet become.
- The demigod grew into a powerful and cunning being, the union of the heavens and the earth. He has many powers over nature, which he inherited from his father Malorne. His daughters are known as the fey dryads and his sons as the wise Keepers of the Grove, or simply "keepers", including Keeper Remulos, Ordanus, and Zaetar.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Crown of the Heavens" series, for the card Cenarius, Lord of the Forest.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 184.108.40.20690 (2013-10-02): Now costs 9 mana, up from 8.
- Previously: Choose One - Give your other minions +2/+2; or Summon two 2/2 Treants with Taunt. [8 mana, 5 attack, 8 health, Legendary]
- Alpha patch (unknown date, pre-May 2013): Text for his first Choose One effect changed from "Give all friendly minions +2/+2." to "Give your other minions +2/+2."