|Abilities:||Choose One, Increment attribute, Summon|
|Tags:||Area of effect, Taunt-generating, Treant-generating|
|Artist:||Alex Horley Orlandelli|
Choose One - Give your other minions +2/+2; or Summon two 2/2 Treants with Taunt.
Yes, he's a demigod. No, he doesn't need to wear a shirt.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Choose One cards[edit | edit source]
- Resulting minions
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Cenarius summons his first Treant on the right, then his second Treant on the left.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Cenarius is a well-rounded late-game legendary. If you already have a few minions up on board, giving all your minions +2/+2 results in a significant increase in burst damage. He is also very adaptable because if you have no other minions, you can choose to summon two 2/2 Treants instead, providing a decent amount of stats on board and some protection against other minions and weapon attacks. This play will leave you susceptible to AoE removal, however, since 2 damage is rather easy to achieve, and Cenarius himself has rather unremarkable stats.
If Cenarius is able to use both his Choose One effects - mainly from Ossirian Tear - he becomes significantly more powerful. Two 4/4s are much harder to get through than 2/2s, making Cenarius much better as a defensive play, and your other minions get the buff regardless. The two Treants he summons can also be used for Treant synergy effects like Mulchmuncher and Goru the Mightree.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Who dares defile this ancient land?
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Cenarius, Lord of the Forest and patron god of all druids, is one of the most powerful and influential demigods of Azeroth.
- As the son of Elune, goddess of the moon, and the demigod Malorne, Cenarius inherited a deep connection to the world of Azeroth and its creatures. When Cenarius' birth sent a ripple through the Emerald Dream, Ysera took an immediate interest in him. Guiding him into the Dream, she taught him much of its secrets and became a foster mother of sorts to him. Cenarius grew to love the lush forests of Ysera's verdant realm. He could often be found treading its infinite dreamways, either watching over Azeroth and its creatures, or simply hoping for all that they might yet become.
- The demigod grew into a powerful and cunning being, the union of the heavens and the earth. He has many powers over nature, which he inherited from his father Malorne. His daughters are known as the fey dryads and his sons as the wise Keepers of the Grove, or simply "keepers", including Keeper Remulos, Ordanus, and Zaetar.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Crown of the Heavens" series, for the card Cenarius, Lord of the Forest.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.1190 (2013-10-02): Now costs 9 mana, up from 8.
- Previously: Choose One - Give your other minions +2/+2; or Summon two 2/2 Treants with Taunt. [8 mana, 5 attack, 8 health, Legendary]
- Alpha patch (unknown date, pre-May 2013): Text for his first Choose One effect changed from "Give all friendly minions +2/+2." to "Give your other minions +2/+2."