|Set:||Mean Streets of Gadgetzan|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Increment attribute|
Battlecry: If you control a minion with 5 or more Attack, gain +2/+2.
If you think her job is easy, YOU try falling asleep on cue.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Celestial Dreamer||800||100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If the Celestial Dreamer has 5 or more Attack when played, it will satisfy its own condition. This is not limited to Attack bonuses the card reeceived while in hand or in the deck, but also includes bonuses it gets while being played (e.g. when playing it adjacent to a Flametongue Totem).
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This minion is only effective when the Battlecry condition is met. This means that you should only play it:
- If a minion with 5 or more Attack survived the last turn of your opponent (unlikely, especially if your opponent suspects you hold this card); or
- In the late game, combined with another card that summons a high-Attack minion.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Form of... dragon!
Lore[edit | edit source]
The lore behind this card is uncertain. The card art depicts a night elf dressed in a monk's typical attire in front of a glowing green cloud serpent extremely similar to Yu'lon, the Jade Serpent, one of the four August Celestials that watch over the continent of Pandaria. The August Celestials are considered Wild Gods, the same type of immortal, animalistic demigods as the loa gods worshipped by the trolls and Ancient Guardians such as Cenarius, Malorne and Aviana. Just as the loa are worshipped by the trolls and the Ancients are revered by druids, the Celestials are worshipped and honored by the pandaren, particularly monks.
The name "Celestial Dreamer" combined with the summoning quote and the enchantment name "Visions of Hypnos" appear to indicate that this night elf seeks to empower herself and take on the aspects of Yu'lon by conjuring up a dream or vision of the Wild God.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 184.108.40.20620 (2017-02-28): Text changed from "Battlecry: If a friendly minion has 5 or more Attack, gain +2/+2." to "Battlecry: If you control a minion with 5 or more Attack, gain +2/+2."
- Patch 220.127.116.1190 (2016-11-29): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Matt Place on Twitter. (2016-11-29).