(Redirected from Category:Kobolds)
This page lists cards with card art depicting kobolds.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- "You no take candle!"
- Kobolds are rat-like humanoids that dwell in underground tunnels and spend their lives mining, primarily for gold. They evolved from troggs.They are cowardly, cringing folk who live in fear of larger races and rarely venture outside their tunnels. However, while not powerful individually, they congregate in large numbers and can prove a nuisance and occasionally a danger.
- Kobolds live in tunnels going deep into the Alterac and Redridge Mountains. Kobolds are most at home in the dark underground, as bright light causes them discomfort. As they cannot, however, see perfectly in the dark, kobolds also have a great affinity for candles.
- Kobolds are cowardly and flee from most combat. Nonetheless, they are tenacious and fierce when cornered, so when their lairs (or candles) are threatened, they attack with abandon. Unfortunately for them, they are not particularly intelligent and their tactics leave much to be desired: though they are naturally stealthy, they use this ability for escape more than ambush, and they usually try to overwhelm opponents with large numbers rather than defeat them using strategic cunning. Further, kobolds are sometimes so cowardly that they refuse to help their friends when they fall under attack nearby – these craven creatures will simply go about their business (sweating in fear all the while) and hope that the troublesome adventurers will leave them alone.
- Kobolds trade the gold and other minerals they unearth to goblins and other patrons for all the goods they need to survive; occasionally they purchase protection as well. They will take over abandoned mines and scavenge equipment whenever they can do so safely.
- The grimy, vermin-like kobolds dwell deep within the crags and rocky caves of the Redridge Mountains. These slovenly creatures are best known for their penchant for digging and their underground excavations. Most recently, the kobolds have found themselves falling prey to the merciless Riverpaw Pack of gnolls. These cunning gnolls have proven themselves to be merciless taskmasters, forcing the kobolds into an existence of neverending drudgery. Since their enslavement, the historically meek kobolds have grown bitter and aggressive toward any creature that meddles with their ceaseless labor.
Cards[edit | edit source]
|Name / Desc||Rarity||Type||Subtype||Class||Cost||Atk||HP||Description|
Battlecry: Deal 2 damage.
Spell Damage +1 In the old days, Kobolds were the finest candle merchants in the land. Then they got pushed too far...
Battlecry: Draw a card. Deal 2 damage to your hero. Kobolds sort books using a gooey decimal system.
Battlecry: Draw a weapon from your deck. They call her the candled vandal.
Deathrattle: Add 3 Silver Hand Recruits to your hand. Hard time: 6-10 turns for candle-nappin'.
Battlecry: For each enemy minion, gain 2 Armor. Kobolds use anything for armor: Pots, pans, garbage cans... even other kobolds.
Battlecry: Choose a basic Totem. Summon it. To truly understand candles, it takes YEARS of quiet contemplation.
Combo: Add two random Lackeys to your hand. Because there are no G.O.O.D. Miscreants.
Battlecry: Deal 3 damage randomly split among all enemies. Horrible secret: The Darkness is immune to Arcane Missiles.
Battlecry: Summon a 2/3 Giant Rat. His clothing is "ratty" in more ways than one.
Deathrattle: Summon a 5/1 Revenant. Politer than his brother, the cursing disciple, but far more evil.
Spell Damage +2 You no take tentacle!
Spell Damage +1 Ironically, the natural enemy of the snobold is THE CANDLE.
Battlecry: Discover a spell from another class. She's more of a rat burglar.
Battlecry: Restore 4 Health. Side effects guaranteed!
Battlecry: Give adjacent minions +2/+2. Fungalmancy is the easy major for those who can't cut it at Waxmancy.
Rush Shovel beats paper and rock!
Battlecry: Summon a random 1-Cost minion for your opponent. The mole of La Mancha rides again!
At the start of your turn, attack a random enemy. What is best in life? To make candle. To keep candle. To hear lamentation of candle-takers.
Deathrattle: Summon a 1/1 copy of a minion from your hand. He can make ANYTHING look like a candle.
Your hero can't be targeted by spells or Hero Powers. There is no candle.
Deathrattle: If this minion has 4 or more Attack, resummon it. Mwahahaha! You'll never catch him this time!
Deathrattle: Deal 3 damage to all minions. And you always thought they wore the candles just for fun.
Battlecry: Your opponent summons a random minion from their hand. It's not his fault… Someone keeps stealing his soap!
Battlecry: Return one of your destroyed weapons to your hand. "Broken longsword is brand new shortsword." - Kobold Proverb
Battlecry: If you're holding a Dragon, swap this minion's Attack with another minion's. The dragons mostly keep him around as a snack.
Battlecry: If you control all 4 basic Totems, summon Al'akir the Windlord. Don't ever doubt Al'Akir's love for basic totems.
At the end of your turn, cast a spell from your deck (targets chosen randomly). Qualifications: Found pointy hat.
Battlecry: If you control a Lackey, choose a fantastic treasure. A staunch ally of Rafaam, at least while the shinies keep flowing.
Whenever you shuffle a card into your deck, add a copy to your hand. "One for me and one for future me!"
At the end of your turn, summon a random minion with Cost equal to your Armor (up to 10). Once crafted a gauntlet out of earwax and pure ambition.
Battlecry: Swap decks with your opponent. Give them a Ransom spell to swap back. Management of the Kobold Empire requires a careful balance between a lack of social services and fiscal irresponsibility.
|Showing all 32 cards|
|Name / Desc||Rarity||Type||Subtype||Class||Cost||Atk||HP||Description|
Deathrattle: Give your opponent a fantastic treasure!
Return all friendly minions to your hand. Impossible to cast without cackling evilly.
Deal 1 damage. Pew! Pew!
Secret: When a minion attacks your hero, instead it attacks one of its neighbours. You thought he was your bro-bold, but turns out he's your foe-bold.
Deal 3 damage to a minion. Summon a 3/3 Wolf. Wolves to the left and arrows to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with you.
Choose a minion.
Shuffle 1 copy of it into your deck.
(Upgrades each turn!) "Many minions equals many treasures for king. Kobold arithmetic!"
Summon two 1/2 Dryads with Lifesteal. They're a nightmare to deal with.
Secret: When an enemy attacks your hero, summon a 3-Cost minion as the new target. Not all who wander are lost. This one is lost though, for sure.
Give your minions "Deathrattle: Summon a random basic Totem." All that remained from the first kobold colony: a single talisman and the word "Flamestrike."
Battlecry: Summon a random 2-Cost minion for your opponent. How can he be hungry… if he's Ettin!?
Secret: After your hero takes damage, become Immune this turn. Works on weapons, missiles, and taxes.
Spend all your Armor. Deal that much damage to all minions. Look. Cautious Flurries will only get you so far in life.
Destroy all minions. Discard your hand. RUN FROM SKY CANDLES! THEY BURN! RUN!
Reveal a spell from your deck. Deal damage equal to its Cost to all minions. "C'mon Hucklemuck. She'll never notice if we take just one little coin."
Summon a minion from each player's deck. They attack each other. If you don't fight to the death, it's Duel Yielding.
|Showing all 15 cards|