From Hearthstone Wiki
(Redirected from Category:Kobolds)
This page lists cards with card art depicting kobolds.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- "You no take candle!"
- Kobolds are rat-like humanoids that dwell in underground tunnels and spend their lives mining, primarily for gold. They evolved from troggs.They are cowardly, cringing folk who live in fear of larger races and rarely venture outside their tunnels. However, while not powerful individually, they congregate in large numbers and can prove a nuisance and occasionally a danger.
- Kobolds live in tunnels going deep into the Alterac and Redridge Mountains. Kobolds are most at home in the dark underground, as bright light causes them discomfort. As they cannot, however, see perfectly in the dark, kobolds also have a great affinity for candles.
- Kobolds are cowardly and flee from most combat. Nonetheless, they are tenacious and fierce when cornered, so when their lairs (or candles) are threatened, they attack with abandon. Unfortunately for them, they are not particularly intelligent and their tactics leave much to be desired: though they are naturally stealthy, they use this ability for escape more than ambush, and they usually try to overwhelm opponents with large numbers rather than defeat them using strategic cunning. Further, kobolds are sometimes so cowardly that they refuse to help their friends when they fall under attack nearby – these craven creatures will simply go about their business (sweating in fear all the while) and hope that the troublesome adventurers will leave them alone.
- Kobolds trade the gold and other minerals they unearth to goblins and other patrons for all the goods they need to survive; occasionally they purchase protection as well. They will take over abandoned mines and scavenge equipment whenever they can do so safely.
- The grimy, vermin-like kobolds dwell deep within the crags and rocky caves of the Redridge Mountains. These slovenly creatures are best known for their penchant for digging and their underground excavations. Most recently, the kobolds have found themselves falling prey to the merciless Riverpaw Pack of gnolls. These cunning gnolls have proven themselves to be merciless taskmasters, forcing the kobolds into an existence of neverending drudgery. Since their enslavement, the historically meek kobolds have grown bitter and aggressive toward any creature that meddles with their ceaseless labor.
Cards[edit | edit source]
|Name / Desc||Rarity||Type||Subtype||Class||Cost||Atk||HP||Description|
|Kobold Geomancer||Free||Minion||General||Any||2||2||2||Spell Damage +1 In the old days, Kobolds were the finest candle merchants in the land. Then they got pushed too far...|
|Cavern Shinyfinder||Common||Minion||General||Rogue||2||3||1||Battlecry: Draw a weapon from your deck. They call her the candled vandal.|
|Drygulch Jailor||Common||Minion||General||Paladin||2||1||1||Deathrattle: Add 3 Silver Hand Recruits to your hand. Hard time: 6-10 turns for candle-nappin'.|
|Drywhisker Armorer||Common||Minion||General||Warrior||2||2||2||Battlecry: For each enemy minion, gain 2 Armor. Kobolds use anything for armor: Pots, pans, garbage cans... even other kobolds.|
|Evolved Kobold||Common||Minion||General||Any||4||2||2||Spell Damage +2 You no take tentacle!|
|Frigid Snobold||Common||Minion||General||Any||4||2||6||Spell Damage +1 Ironically, the natural enemy of the snobold is THE CANDLE.|
|Fungalmancer||Common||Minion||General||Any||5||2||2||Battlecry: Give adjacent minions +2/+2. Fungalmancy is the easy major for those who can't cut it at Waxmancy.|
|Kobold Apprentice||Common||Minion||General||Any||3||2||1||Battlecry: Deal 3 damage randomly split among all enemies. Horrible secret: The Darkness is immune to Arcane Missiles.|
|Kobold Hermit||Common||Minion||General||Shaman||2||1||1||Battlecry: Choose a basic Totem. Summon it. To truly understand candles, it takes YEARS of quiet contemplation.|
|Kobold Librarian||Common||Minion||General||Warlock||1||2||1||Battlecry: Draw a card. Deal 2 damage to your hero. Kobolds sort books using a gooey decimal system.|
|Sewer Crawler||Common||Minion||General||Any||3||1||1||Battlecry: Summon a 2/3 Giant Rat. His clothing is "ratty" in more ways than one.|
|Shroom Brewer||Common||Minion||General||Any||4||4||4||Battlecry: Restore 4 Health. Side effects guaranteed!|
|Gravelsnout Knight||Rare||Minion||General||Any||1||2||3||Battlecry: Summon a random 1-Cost minion for your opponent.|
|Kobold Barbarian||Rare||Minion||General||Warrior||3||4||4||At the start of your turn, attack a randon enemy. What is best in life? To make candle. To keep candle. To hear lamentation of candle-takers.|
|Kobold Illusionist||Rare||Minion||General||Rogue||4||3||3||Deathrattle: Summon a 1/1 copy of a minion from your hand. He can make ANYTHING look like a candle.|
|Kobold Monk||Rare||Minion||General||Any||4||3||6||Your hero can't be targeted by spells or Hero Powers. There is no candle.|
Battlecry: Your opponent summons a random minion from their hand. It's not his fault… Someone keeps stealing his soap!
|Grand Archivist||Epic||Minion||General||Any||8||4||7||At the end of your turn, cast a spell from your deck (targets chosen randomly).|
|Rummaging Kobold||Epic||Minion||General||Any||3||1||3||Battlecry: Return one of your destroyed weapons to your hand.|
|Twilight Acolyte||Epic||Minion||General||Priest||3||2||4||Battlecry: If you're holding a Dragon, swap this minion's Attack with another minion's. The dragons mostly keep him around as a snack.|
|Windshear Stormcaller||Epic||Minion||General||Shaman||5||5||5||Battlecry: If you control all 4 basic Totems, summon Al'akir the Windlord. Don't ever doubt Al'Akir's love for basic totems.|
|Geosculptor Yip||Legendary||Minion||General||Warrior||8||4||8||At the end of your turn, summon a random minion with Cost equal to your Armor (up to 10). Once crafted a gauntlet out of earwax and pure ambition.|
|King Togwaggle||Legendary||Minion||General||Any||8||5||5||Battlecry: Swap decks with your opponent. Give them a Ransom spell to swap back. Management of the Kobold Empire requires a careful balance between a lack of social services and fiscal irresponsibility.|
|Showing all 23 cards|
|Name / Desc||Rarity||Type||Subtype||Class||Cost||Atk||HP||Description|
|Master Chest||None||Minion||General||Any||3||0||8||Deathrattle: Give your opponent a fantastic treasure!|
|Flanking Strike||Common||Spell||Hunter||4||Deal 3 damage to a minion. Summon a 3/3 Wolf. Wolves to the left and arrows to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with you.|
|Sudden Betrayal||Common||Spell||Rogue||2||Secret: When a minion attacks your hero, instead it attacks one of its neighbours. You thought he was your bro-bold, but turns out he's your foe-bold.|
Battlecry: Summon a random 2-Cost minion for your opponent. How can he be hungry… if he's Ettin!?
|Primal Talismans||Rare||Spell||Shaman||3||Give your minions "Deathrattle: Summon a random basic Totem." All that remained from the first kobold colony: a single talisman and the word "Flamestrike."|
|Wandering Monster||Rare||Spell||Hunter||2||Secret: When an enemy attacks your hero, summon a 3-Cost minion as the new target. Not all who wander are lost. This one is lost though, for sure.|
|Cataclysm||Epic||Spell||Warlock||4||Destroy all minions. Discard your hand. RUN FROM SKY CANDLES! THEY BURN! RUN!|
|Dragon's Fury||Epic||Spell||Mage||5||Reveal a spell from your deck. Deal damage equal to its Cost to all minions. "C'mon Hucklemuck. She'll never notice if we take just one little coin."|
|Evasion||Epic||Spell||Rogue||3||Secret: After your hero takes damage, become Immune this turn. Works on weapons, missiles, and taxes.|
|Reckless Flurry||Epic||Spell||Warrior||3||Spend all your Armor. Deal that much damage to all minions. Look. Cautious Flurries will only get you so far in life.|
|Showing all 10 cards|