The draenei are an ancient race hailing from the planet of Argus. Pursued across worlds by the relentless demons of the Burning Legion, the draenei have at last found a home on Azeroth among the orderly races of the Alliance. Highly spiritual and with an unusually strong gift for magic, the draenei are a peaceful race, but find themselves fighting not only to defend not only their new home, but for the survival of their very species.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- The draenei are a faction of uncorrupted eredar who fled their home world of Argus and settled on the Azuremyst Isles, near the west coast of Kalimdor. They join the Alliance in the Burning Crusade expansion. Their capital city is the Exodar.
- Long ago, on the planet of Argus, the eredar race arose. They were extremely intelligent and had a natural affinity for magic in all of its forms. Using their gifts, they developed a vast and wondrous society. They were aided in this development by an ancient artifact known as the Ata'mal crystal, a triangular crystal whose origin was a mystery to the eredar, though their legends suggested it had been a gift bestowed upon them in ancient times.
- At the height of their society, the eredar's three most prominent leaders, Kil'jaeden, Archimonde, and Velen, were approached by Sargeras, the Fallen Titan. Sargeras claimed he was impressed by the work of the eredar and wanted to supply them with even more power and knowledge in exchange for their loyalty. But while Kil'jaeden and Archimonde readily accepted the deal, Velen had doubts. After touching the Ata'mal crystal in its temple, he had a vision of the future that filled him with dread. He hastened to warn Kil'jaeden and Archimonde, but they dismissed his concerns and proceeded to profess loyalty to Sargeras. Together, the latter transformed a majority of their people into an insidious race of warlocks and later allied themselves with the Burning Legion.
- Velen knew he and those who shared his concerns would have to flee Argus, but the impossibility of such a feat brought him to despair. At that time, the Ata'mal crystal started to glow and arose from its pedestal. A voice came to Velen and explained that it was one of the naaru, a race of sapient energy beings bent on stopping the Burning Legion. The naaru offered to take Velen and any other like-minded eredar to safety, and instructed Velen to bring the Ata'mal crystal, revealing that it had been a gift from the naaru in ancient times and a beacon by which the naaru would find Velen and his followers. Deeply relieved, Velen gathered the other eredar loyal to him on the appointed day; they numbered only in the hundreds. With Kil'jaeden and Archimonde hot on their heels, they barely escaped from Argus in the naaru ship Oshu'gun.
- Naming themselves the "draenei", or "exiled ones" in the Eredun language, they hid among many worlds and explored much of the cosmos in their quest to find safe harbor. Still, a hell-bent Kil'jaeden would not give up his pursuit. Meanwhile, the enigmatic naaru race blessed the draenei with Light-given knowledge and power. The naaru explained that there were other forces in the cosmos that would stand against the Burning Legion. One day the naaru would forge them into a single unstoppable Army of the Light. Deeply affected by the naaru's words, the draenei vowed to honor the Light and uphold the naaru's altruistic ideals.
- More than 200 years before the First War, Velen and his draenei settled upon a remote and peaceful world that seemed an ideal refuge. They named it Draenor, and there they quietly cultivated their society once again. In time the draenei met and befriended the shamanic orc clans that already lived in the tranquil southern grasslands of Nagrand. Aside from engaging in some limited trade, the draenei and orcs regarded one another with respect but kept mostly to themselves.
- However, no amount of preparation could keep the draenei hidden forever. After confirming the presence of the draenei, Kil'jaeden asked for information regarding the other inhabitants of that world, particularly the orcs. Through his orc protégé Gul'dan, he quickly succeeded in corrupting the shamanistic orcs. Smoothly manipulated from a state of wary acceptance into blind rage and blood lust, the orcs attacked the draenei. This bloody conflict lasted nearly eight years, but the orcs' triumph was unequivocal. The orcs killed over eighty percent of the draenei race and sent the rest fleeing for safety to the remote corners of the world. Draenei who had fought the Horde and survived found that they had been affected by the fel energies wielded so freely by the orc warlocks. These draenei have since mutated into lesser forms, resulting in a series of subspecies.
- After coming to Draenor, the blood elves discovered the power of Tempest Keep and successfully seized it. To escape, the draenei came out of hiding and managed to wrestle control of a wing of the keep, The Exodar, and tried to use it to flee and find aid in retaking their home. Before they could, however, the blood elves managed to sabotage what is essentially the "engine" of the draenei's transdimensional travel.
- When the draenei tried to planeshift, their sabotaged engine went haywire, and The Exodar ended up hurtling out of control through the Twisting Nether until it crash-landed on a chain of islands, the Azuremyst Isles, off the western coast of Kalimdor. Their arrival on Azeroth wasn't pretty - they ended up tearing up the landscape over on Azuremyst and Bloodmyst Isle. While they were of course concerned about their fellow survivors, they were just as concerned with what they'd done to the land and the creatures on it. As the surviving draenei salvaged what they could of their ship and tried to help what was left of their people, they began exploring this new world; contact with the night elves of Darkshore was imminent. Inspired by heroic tales of the Alliance and its victories against the Legion, the draenei sought out and pledged their loyalty to this courageous faction. Not long afterward, Velen and his noble refugees played a key role in urging the Alliance to invade Outland and disrupt the Legion’s nefarious activities. Armed with their unshakable faith in the Light, the draenei ventured to their embattled former home as steadfast members of the Alliance and defeated their ancient demonic rivals. The return to Outland offered many draenei a chance to reconnect with their brethren who had been left behind. While some of Velen’s race chose to rebuild their society in the shattered land, the majority of draenei remained on Azeroth, vowing to uphold their commitment to the Alliance.
Cards[edit | edit source]
|Name / Desc||Rarity||Type||Subtype||Class||Cost||Atk||HP||Description|
Battlecry: Give a friendly minion Windfury. Is there anything worse than a Windspeaker with halitosis?
Battlecry: Give your Demons +1/+1. The trick is soaking the crystals in warm milk to soften them up.
Battlecry: Deal 1 damage to a random enemy. At first he liked juggling chain saws, but then he thought, "Flames are better! Because FIRE!"
Battlecry: Recruit a minion that costs (4) or less. The original telemarketer.
Taunt Have you seen the size of the shields in this game?? This is no easy job.
Battlecry: Change an enemy minion's Attack to 1. The Aldor hate two things: the Scryers and smooth jazz.
Your cards and powers that restore Health now deal damage instead. The Auchenai know the end is coming, but they're not sure when.
Taunt. Battlecry: Summon three 1/1 Raptors for your opponent. The Draenei are seriously considering cancelling "Bring Your Murderous Pet to Work Day."
|Defender of Argus||Rare||Minion||General||Any||4||2||3|
Battlecry: Give adjacent minions +1/+1 and Taunt. You wouldn’t think that Argus would need this much defending. But it does.
Battlecry: Gain +1/+1 for each friendly Totem. It's nice to find a real craftsman in this day and age of mass-produced totems.
|Kabal Crystal Runner||Rare||Minion||General||Mage||6||5||5|
Costs (2) less for each Secret you've played this game. "Listen, I can cut you in on a little of this premium mana, but you can't tell my boss."
Whenever a character is healed, gain +2 Attack. She’s smaller than her sisters Mediumwarden and Heavywarden.
|Saronite Chain Gang||Rare||Minion||General||Any||4||2||3|
Battlecry: Summon a copy of this minion. Desperately needs some alone time.
Deathrattle: Give a random friendly minion Divine Shield. "Don't worry about me… I'll just be here... under these tentacles."
Whenever your hero is healed, deal that much damage to a random enemy minion. "Did I ever tell you the story of when I single-handedly took down a 29/29 C'thun?" - Reno Jackson
Double the damage and healing of your spells and Hero Power. He's been exiled from his home, and all his brothers turned evil, but otherwise he doesn't have a lot to complain about.
After you play the right-most card in your hand, draw a card. She's Dr. Boom's right-hand mage.
|Showing all 18 cards|
|Name / Desc||Rarity||Type||Subtype||Class||Cost||Atk||HP||Description|
|Death Grip||None||Spell||Death Knight||2|
Steal a minion from your opponent's deck and add it to your hand.
Silence a minion.
Deal 1 damage to an enemy character and Freeze it. FROST SHOCK!
Give your Totems +2 Health. Totem-stomping is no longer recommended.
|Breath of Sindragosa||Common||Spell||Mage||1|
Deal 2 damage to a random enemy minion and Freeze it. Is it cold in here or is it just Sindragosa?
Deal 2 damage to 2 random enemy minions. Overload: (2) If you combine it with Spooned Lightning and Knived Lightning, you have the full dining set.
Battlecry: Reveal a minion in each deck. If yours costs more, draw it. Elekk jousting is AWESOME.
Secret: When an enemy attacks, summon a 2/1 Defender as the new target. We will always remember you, "Defender!"
Secret: After your opponent plays a minion, reduce its Health to 1. Repentance often comes in the moment before obliteration. Curious.
Draw 2 cards. Costs (1) less for each minion that died this turn. Each year, folk gather in front of Blackrock Mountain to mourn those who were mind-controlled into the lava.
Freeze a minion and deal 3 damage to adjacent ones. One of our more snowbally cards.
Discover a Battlecry minion. A lot of shaman have started vaping their invocations.
|Blood To Ichor||Rare||Spell||Warrior||1|
Deal 1 damage to a minion. If it survives, summon a 2/2 Slime. For his next trick, he turns the ichor back to blood and stuffs it back in you.
Draw two 1-Attack minions from your deck. "The Light is neither a particle nor a wave. It's more of a juice, really."
Change the Health of ALL minions to 1. We are all special unique snowflakes... with 1 Health.
Restore 7 Health. Reveal a minion in each deck. If yours costs more, Restore 14 instead. Favored by shaman who study the art of restoration and healing, this spell would feel smug, if it had feelings.
Draw a card and deal damage equal to its cost. C'mon Molten Giant!!
Add a random minion to your hand. It costs (3) less. The denizens of Azeroth have no idea how much work goes into stabilizing portals. We spend like 30% of GDP on portal upkeep.
If you have a weapon, give it +1/+1. Otherwise equip a 1/3 weapon. Easily worth 50 DKP.
Secret: When a minion attacks your hero, destroy it. Rumor has it that Deathwing brought about the Cataclysm after losing a game to this card. We may never know the truth.
Put a random minion from each player's hand into the battlefield. "Hey! Ancestors!" - Ancestor's call
|Embrace the Shadow||Epic||Spell||Priest||2|
This turn, your healing effects deal damage instead. For when your Auchenai Soulpriests call in sick.
Put a copy of a random minion from your opponent's deck into the battlefield. Sometimes it feels like this is all a game.
Quest: Discard 6 cards.
Reward: Nether Portal. They asked, “And what must we give in return?” Gul’dan lowered his hood and answered: “Six… cards…”
|Showing all 26 cards|