Lore[edit | edit source]
- Demons are evil immortals who feed upon magic and life. They delight in inflicting suffering, spreading corruption, and, of course, destroying all that is good. Most demons were once mortal. Not all demons are sentient: various animals have been transformed into demons, for instance.
- Warlocks bind demons to their will; these infernal denizens defend their masters with their lives or rain death upon their enemies. At first, they command only the service of imps, but as a warlock’s knowledge grows, seductive succubi, loyal voidwalkers, and horrific felhunters join the dark sorcerer’s ranks to wreak havoc on anyone who stands in their master’s way.
- The Twisting Nether is home to an infinite number of malefic, demonic beings that seek only to destroy life and devour the energies of the living universe.
- In order to become a demon, a creature must be infused with fel energy. As the existence of non-sentient demons suggests, a creature's wishes are irrelevant to the process. Willing or not, a creature can be changed into a demon. Such a transformation alters the affected creature on a fundamental level and typically leaves little or nothing of that creature's original personality. Still, at least one demon has thus far maintained much of his original personality: Illidan Stormrage.
- No discussion of demons can be complete without mentioning Sargeras, the dark titan. Over the course of millennia, he twisted many creatures into demons so that they would join his Burning Legion and work toward his goal: the destruction of the universe, which he believed to be fundamentally flawed. Fulfilling his grim design, the Legion has ravaged innumerable worlds. All demons once feared Sargeras' vast might and fury. However, most demons in the Legion served him simply because they enjoy doing so.
- However, Sargeras was not the sole creator of demons, and there are demons that have no affiliation with the Legion. Again, Illidan is an example of both of these exceptions. It was these demons that led to Sargeras' transformation from the titan champion into the Master of the Burning Legion. Several demons are furthermore used as servants and companions by magicans, most notably by warlocks.
- A demon's hunger for life and magic can never be sated for long. More to the point, a demon's innate cruelty makes a moot point of whatever temporary satiation a demon can know. As a result, destruction tends to follow demons, whether or not they are part of the Legion.
In Hearthstone[edit | edit source]
Demon minions in Hearthstone come in a variety of forms, from 1/1 Worthless Imps to the 9/7 nathrezim Mal'Ganis, to the replacement hero Lord Jaraxxus. While Demons possess a variety of abilities, common themes are drawbacks, damage, and summoning.
Minions such as Doomguard, Flame Imp and Felguard offer great effect but at the price of a sacrifice of some sort from the player. This reflects the dark bargains employed by warlocks to summon demons, similar to that depicted in the Life Tap hero power. A similar theme, many Demons deal damage in one way or another, either as a drawback, as an additional effect, such as that of Dread Infernal, or as a key component of their function, as with Mistress of Pain and Floating Watcher. Finally, many demons offer summoning effects, such as Imp Master, Illidan Stormrage and Voidcaller.
Cards[edit | edit source]
|Name / Desc||Rarity||Type||Subtype||Class||Cost||Atk||HP||Description|
This is an Elemental, Mech, Demon, Murloc, Dragon, Beast, Pirate and Totem.
Battlecry: Summon 3 friendly Demons that died this game.
|Azari, the Devourer||None||Minion||Demon||Warlock||10||10||10|
Battlecry: Destroy your opponent's deck.
Battlecry: Discard a random card. This puppy chews up cards instead of shoes.
After your hero attacks, gain +1 Attack. Say what you like about my hatchet-headed hooligan, he’s my battle-friend.
Deathrattle: Give this minion's Attack to a random friendly minion. Putting the "r" in fiend.
Dormant for 2 turns. When this awakens, equip a 3/2 Axe. Factory Direct Fiery War Axe. Please allow two turns for delivery.
Dormant for 2 turns.
Taunt He got a time out for excessive vulgarity.
|Ur'zul Horror||Common||Minion||Demon||Demon Hunter||1||2||1|
Deathrattle: Add a 2/1 Lost Soul to your hand. You face face face face face Jaraxxus!
Dormant for 2 turns. When this awakens, attack a random enemy. It doesn't care who woke it up, someone's getting bitten.
Dormant for 2 turns.
Rush If you do the time, you gotta make up the time.
Lifesteal Dreamed of becoming a Stylefiend, but fel was never in season.
Battlecry: Deal 2 damage to your hero. Fortunately he has an even number of fingers.
Whenever this minion takes damage, also deal that amount to your hero. After playing against 5 Annoy-O-Trons, any normal guard will become a Wrathguard.
Whenever this minion takes damage, discard a random card. The problem is that he carries those cards in his mouth.
Deathrattle: Summon a 9/1 Inquisitor. He wanders east... always into the east.
Taunt Everyone expects an inquisition reference.
Battlecry: Discard two random cards. Guaranteed to track tar all over your carpet.
Battlecry: Discard your highest Cost card. Throws shade at those "high-cost" minions.
When you draw this, restore 4 Health to your hero. She's got a big brood and a big mood.
Battlecry: Deal 6 damage randomly split among all other minions. Say what you want but finding a matching set of six swords takes commitment.
Deathrattle: Give all Demons in your hand +1/+1. Conclusion: Nothing there.
Taunt. Battlecry: Destroy one of your Mana Crystals. Yes, he'll fight for you. BUT HE'S NOT GOING TO LIKE IT.
Battlecry: Gain +1 Attack for each damage your hero has taken this turn. Why did the demon cross the streams? To get to The Other Side.
Battlecry: Destroy the minions on either side of this minion and gain their Attack and Health. If you put this into your deck, you WILL lose the trust of your other minions.
Costs (1) less for each damage dealt to your opponent this turn. Not to be confused with the "friendsy” felwing.
|Imprisoned Antaen||Rare||Minion||Demon||Demon Hunter||6||10||6|
Dormant for 2 turns. When this awakens, deal 10 damage randomly split among all enemies. Can I get a pair of size XXXXXL manacles?
|Priestess of Fury||Rare||Minion||Demon||Demon Hunter||7||6||5|
At the end of your turn, deal 6 damage randomly split among all enemies. Furious that she only has six warglaives. The Sightless Watcher has eight! The fel is always greener on the other side.
Your other Demons have +1 Attack. Has a side hustle as a siegebroker.
|Hulking Overfiend||Rare||Minion||Demon||Demon Hunter||8||5||10|
Rush. After this attacks and kills a minion, it may attack again. To hulk, perhaps, to fiend: ay, there's the rub.
All minions take double damage from spells. Double-damage. You know the drill.
After your hero takes damage, refresh 2 Mana Crystals. He's got a dark glare, but he sees crystal clear!
This is an Elemental, Mech, Demon, Murloc, Dragon, Beast, Pirate and Totem. Be all that you can be.
Deathrattle: At the end of the turn, summon a Dreadsteed. Crescendo himself summoned this steed, riding it to victory in the Grand Tournament. Wherever he rides, an army of riders ride behind him, supporting the legendary champion.
Battlecry: Deal 5 damage to your hero. Mannoroth, Magtheridon, and Brutallus may be dead, but it turns out there are a LOT of pit lords.
Battlecry: Destroy a minion. Your hero takes damage equal to its Health. Brings you face to face with your destructive impulses.
|Pit Commander||Epic||Minion||Demon||Demon Hunter||9||7||9|
At the end of your turn, summon a Demon from your deck. "Pit! Do as I say!"
Dormant. Battlecry: Summon three 1/3 enemy Warders. When they die, destroy all minions and awaken. Came from another world to invade Outland and bend it to his will… only to be overthrown by an elf from another world who invaded Outland and bent it to his will.
Start of Game: Add 5 extra Legendary minions to your deck. He was super excited to acquire Gorehowl at a garage sale! Then super disappointed to find out it was a foam reproduction.
|Fel Lord Betrug||Legendary||Minion||Demon||Warlock||8||5||7|
Whenever you draw a minion, summon a copy with Rush that dies at end of turn. Nobody else likes rush hour.
Battlecry: Destroy your hero and replace it with Lord Jaraxxus. "TRIFLING GNOME! YOUR ARROGANCE WILL BE YOUR UNDOING!!!!"
|Showing all 49 cards|
|Name / Desc||Rarity||Type||Subtype||Class||Cost||Atk||HP||Description|
At the end of your turn, summon two 3/2 Imps.
|Demon's Bite||None||Hero Power||Demon Hunter||1|
+2 Attack this turn.
Casts When Drawn
Summon a 2/2 Felhound with Rush.
Summon 5 Wisps.
|Chaos Nova||Free||Spell||Demon Hunter||5|
Deal 4 damage to all minions. Illin' Illidan laying down the damage, flinging out the chaos as far as he can manage.
|Inner Demon||Free||Spell||Demon Hunter||8|
Give your hero +8 Attack this turn. Critical component of any tragic backstory.
|Mana Burn||Common||Spell||Demon Hunter||1|
Your opponent has 2 fewer Mana Crystals next turn. One way to ensure they are not prepared.
|Rain of Fire||Common||Spell||Warlock||1|
Deal 1 damage to all characters. You know it’s autumn when the skies rain brimstone and fire. Also: pumpkin spice!
|Spectral Sight||Common||Spell||Demon Hunter||2|
Draw a card.
Outcast: Draw another. "Pick a card, any card! Preferably the left- or right-most card."
Draw 2 Demons from your deck. Generally demons are pretty obvious and you don’t need a spell to sense them.
Whenever one of your other minions dies, draw a card. She may be an evil cult master, but she still calls her parents once a week.
|Command the Illidari||Common||Spell||Demon Hunter||5|
Summon six 1/1 Illidari with Rush. Give me an R! Give me a U! Give me an S! Give me an H! You two, you’re exclamation points!
|Feast of Souls||Rare||Spell||Demon Hunter||2|
Draw a card for each friendly minion that died this turn. Nothing fills you up like soul food!
|Tiny Knight of Evil||Rare||Minion||Demon||Warlock||2||3||2|
Whenever you discard a card, gain +1/+1. "No, no, no. I asked for a tiny JESTER of evil."
|Fist of Jaraxxus||Rare||Spell||Warlock||4|
When you play or discard this, deal 4 damage to a random enemy. * Not actually Jaraxxus' fist.
|Soul Split||Rare||Spell||Demon Hunter||4|
Choose a friendly Demon. Summon a copy of it. Spoiler: they're both the evil twin.
|The Dark Portal||Rare||Spell||Warlock||4|
Draw a minion. If you have at least 8 cards in hand, it costs (5) less. Some say it's the source of Azeroth's greatest problems—aside from the gnomes.
Deal 1 damage to all minions. Repeat until one dies. Dear minions: Woosh, woosh, woosh, woosh, woosh.
Best regards, Bladestorm
Deal 1 damage to a random minion. Repeat for each card in your hand. "It's a drizzle of fire. A fine mist, really."
Battlecry: Summon two 1/1 Amalgams with all minion types. The Hench Clan is an equal opportunity employer, no matter which parts of you came from where.
Deal 5 damage to a minion. If it's a friendly Demon, give it +5/+5 instead. Virtually every member of the pro demon lobby is a warlock. Weird.
Choose One - Summon 5 Wisps; or Give a minion +5/+5 and Taunt. Don't worry; we fired the person who named this card.
Destroy all friendly minions. For each one, summon a random minion from your deck. It's always darkest just before you find the light switch.
Destroy a minion. If you have a damaged minion, this costs (4) less. Using this card on your enemies is one of the best things in life, according to some barbarians.
Swap your Hero Power to "Deal 5 damage." After 2 uses, swap it back. As the humble caterpillar becomes a beautiful butterfly, so too does a demon hunter become a hideous mass of writhing destruction and unfettered chaos.
Cards you draw from your Hero Power cost (0). He can summon anything, even a FEARSOME DOOMGUARD*.
*He's pretty sure this is going to work out.
|Galakrond, Azeroth's End||Legendary||Hero card||Warlock||7|
Battlecry: Summon 4 random Demons. Equip a 5/2 Claw.
|Galakrond, the Apocalypse||Legendary||Hero card||Warlock||7|
Battlecry: Summon 2 random demons. It costs (0). (Invoke twice to upgrade.)
|Showing all 29 cards|
|Races Native to Azeroth|
|Races Alien to Azeroth|