Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
Cart Crash at the Crossroads
- "You collided with another Hero and your decks are mixed up! Pick another hero at the start of the game; your deck will be a random combination of the two classes!"
Cart Crash at the Crossroads is a Tavern Brawl. It debuted on June 1, 2016.
This Brawl appears to have been inspired by Encounter at the Crossroads, featuring the same design but without the second class.
History[edit | edit source]
|51||June 1, 2016||June 6, 2016|
|65||September 7, 2016||September 12, 2016|
|83||January 11, 2017||January 16, 2017|
|105||June 14, 2017||June 18, 2017|
|144||March 14, 2018||March 19, 2018|
|218||August 14, 2019||August 21, 2019|
Overview[edit | edit source]
This Tavern Brawl sees players doing battle with randomly constructed decks, using a combination of two selected classes. To enter the Brawl the player first chooses a class, after which a deck is randomly generated containing 19 cards (11 class cards and 8 neutral). Following the mulligan, the player then chooses from one of three random "second classes", resulting in 11 cards suitable to that class being shuffled into their deck.
Special cards[edit | edit source]
These choice cards are used at the start of each Brawl when selecting a "second class".
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Each player's "second class" is chosen through a Discover-type mechanic at the start of the Brawl, with each class represented by a unique choice card that acts to shuffle cards into the player's deck. The classes presented are randomly selected, adding a further element of unpredictability to the Brawl, and preventing players from using the same combination each match. With 8 possible classes (excluding the player's original class) each class has a 3/8 (37.5%) chance of being presented as an option.
- Each deck contains 11 class cards for each chosen class (for a total of 22), and 8 neutral cards.
- The hero, Hero Power and class for quest purposes are all determined by the original class.
- The selection of the second class comes after the mulligan but before the first card is drawn from the deck. This means that the cards in the starting hand will never come from the second class, but the first card drawn may.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Warlock is by and far the best class as the decks are typically heavily weighted in mana cost but Warlock has better early game. The best secondary classes are Mage and Rogue for the useful spells.