|Abilities:||Battlecry, Increment attribute|
Battlecry: Give your weapon +1/+1.
He was this close to piloting a massive juggernaut into Stormwind Harbor. If it weren't for those pesky kids!
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Captain Greenskin||3200||1600|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Captain Greenskin's Battlecry is surprisingly powerful and useful in any deck with a significant number of weapons, and strongly encourages waiting to play him until you have a suitable weapon equipped.
Many weapons are carefully balanced so as not to be overpowering in their natural state, particularly when it comes to Durability. Greenskin's effect allows these weapons to be used one additional time, granting extra board clear and often providing a subtle but impressive amount of Card advantage via economy by allowing a single weapon card to clear three or four or even more minions on its own.
Some weapons become even more powerful - using Greenskin's Battlecry on a 7-Attack Gorehowl will allow the weapon to gain 2 extra uses, and deal up to 16 extra damage in total - an extra 8 damage to the enemy hero, and an extra 1 damage for each of 8 attacks against minions. An Assassin's Blade with Deadly Poison and Greenskin's effect offers a total of 30 damage on its own - matching a Hero's starting life total. Sword of Justice gains the ability to buff an additional minion. Atiesh allows an additional spell to summon another minion.
Caution must be taken on using Greenskin with a Deathrattle weapon equipped - Death's Bite, Powermace, Charged Hammer, and Hammer of Twilight are often played for their powerful deathrattles more so than their attack capability alone, and Greenskin's effect will delay the rattle for an extra turn.
Given his otherwise underwhelming stats, Greenskin is likely a poor choice for decks which do not feature weapons.
This card is the only reliable way a rogue can increase the durability of their weapons.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Drink up, me hearties!
- Yo Ho, ahahahaha!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Captain Greenskin was a level 20 elite goblin in the Deadmines. Captain Greenskin was a goblin captain in the employ of Edwin VanCleef. His first mate was Mr. Smite, and the cook aboard his ship was Cookie. Greenskin was killed when a group of Alliance adventurers attacked the Deadmines.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This card's flavor text "If it weren't for those pesky kids!" is a well-known quote from Scooby-Doo.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Blood of Gladiators" series, for the card Short John Mithril.
- The card art actually depicts Short John Mithril, an arena master in the Gurubashi Arena in the contested territory of Stranglethorn Vale.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.12490 (2013-10-02): Is now a 5/4 with ‘Battlecry: Give your weapon +1/+1.’
- Previously: Whenever you attack with your hero, draw a card. [5 mana, 5 attack, 5 health, Legendary]
- Alpha patch (unknown date, pre-May 2013): Text changed from "Battlecry: Give ALL other Pirates +2/+2." to "Whenever you attack with your hero, draw a card."
- Previously: Battlecry: Give ALL other Pirates +2/+2. [5 mana, 5 attack, 5 health, Legendary]