|Set:||Hall of Fame|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Put into hand|
Battlecry: Draw a Pirate from your deck.
Pirates and Parrots go together like Virmen and Carrots.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Captain's Parrot can be obtained through crafting only.
|Golden Captain's Parrot||1600||400|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This minion's Battlecry will randomly select a Pirate minion card from the player's unused deck and place it into their hand.
- If the player has no Pirate cards in their unused deck, no card will be drawn.
- If your hand is full when Captain's Parrot tries to draw a Pirate, it will be milled instead.
Fixed bugs[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Captain's Parrot is only desirable in a deck featuring other Pirate cards. 2x Captain's Parrot can be used with a single powerful Pirate card in order to stack the odds of getting the card in your hand.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Squawk! Pieces of 8!
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "The Hunt for Illidan" series, for the card Skywing.
- The card art depicts Skywing, an Arrakoa from Outland cursed to take the form of a parrot.
- Prior to Whispers of the Old Gods Captain's Parrot was not craftable but had to be earned through collecting each Classic Pirate. The quest "Arrrrrr!!!" awarded 2 regular copy to the player upon collecting regular copies of all Classic Pirates, while "Golden Arrrrrr!!!" awarded 2 golden copy to the player upon collecting golden versions of the same Pirates. The quests were removed, and Captain's Parrot made craftable instead.
- Prior to these changes, Captain's Parrot was the most expensive card in the game to obtain, as crafting all required Classic Pirate cards would have cost 2220 Arcane Dust, which is even more expensive than crafting a legendary card (which costs only 1600 dust). However, most players were likely to have already have collected some of the required Pirates, so it was likely to have been less.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 184.108.40.20636 (2017-04-04) Moved to the Hall of Fame set.
- Patch 220.127.116.1120 (2017-02-28): Text changed from "Battlecry: Put a random Pirate from your deck into your hand." to "Battlecry: Draw a Pirate from your deck."
- Patch 18.104.22.16874 (2016-04-24): No longer rewarded from collecting all Classic Pirates. Can now be crafted instead. [This change was later temporarily reverted, and finally reinstated in a hotfix on May 4.]
- Patch 22.214.171.12490 (2013-10-02): Health reduced to 1, down from 2.
- Patch 126.96.36.19988 (2013-06-22): Captain's Parrot moved from the Expert set to the Reward set.
- Patch 188.8.131.5240 (April or May 2013): Text changed from "Whenever you play a Pirate, draw a card" to "Battlecry: Put a random Pirate from your deck into your hand"
- Previously: Whenever you play a Pirate, draw a card. [2 mana, 1 attack, 2 health, Epic]