|Set:||Goblins vs Gnomes|
|Abilities:||Draw cards, Increment attribute, Modify cost|
Draw a card. If it's a Beast, it costs (4) less.
Real hunters tame hungry crabs.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Call Pet||800||100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This spell has two steps:
- Call Pet will no longer be offered for selection in Arena, since the 15th of September 2016. However, it is still obtainable in Arena matches through random effects, such as Spellslinger.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- A good pick for Beast-heavy decks, where there is a good chance that the next card will be a Beast.
- As this spell costs 2 mana, if a Beast is drawn the net result will be 2 mana saved on the cost of playing both cards. However, it can also be useful for spell synergy.
- Useful for thinning the deck. Like Flare this effectively shrinks the hunter's deck by 1 card, allowing for more consistent draws.
- Over two turns, this card can allow expensive Beasts to be played early in the game. For example playing this on turn 2 could allow the player to play a Core Hound or Savannah Highmane on turn 3. Combined with The Coin it could allow a Savannah Highmane on turn 2, or a King Krush on turn 4.
- If the card drawn is not a Beast minion the player will have wasted the 2 mana, losing some tempo. This makes Call Pet a high risk, high reward card.
- Starving Buzzard can also combine with Call Pet. Call Pet will lower the cost of a Beast allowing a Hunter to play a Starving Buzzard and immediately follow it with a cheap or possibly free Beast card to benefit from the card draw effect.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Call Pet is the basic hunter pet summoning ability in World of Warcraft. It can be used to summon or dismiss any of the hunter's current pets, either to swap pets, or to replace a pet that has died or run out of range.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Reign of Fire" series, for the card Dakota.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
Patch 22.214.171.12434 (2014-12-04): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Hearthside Chat: Upcoming Arena Changes with Dean Ayala. (2016-09-08).