Deathrattle: Summon a 4/5 Baine Bloodhoof.
Cairne was killed by Garrosh, so... don't put this guy in a Warrior deck. It's pretty insensitive.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Cairne Bloodhoof||3200||1600|
Summoned cards[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Cairne Bloodhoof is a solid body. Not only is he a 4/5, which is fairly hard to kill in most cases, he also makes another 4/5 - Baine Bloodhoof - when he dies. This essentially means two 4/5 minions for just 6 mana. Cairne is one of the best cards to have in a beatdown-type deck, as well as decks running Barnes or N'Zoth, the Corruptor.
Cairne's main weakness is to effects such as silence, transform and mind control effects, which can negate his Deathrattle or even turn its power to the opponent's advantage. His Deathrattle makes him strong against regular attacks or removal effects.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Take heart, young one. The Earthmother is near.
- Alternative summon (when the enemy hero is Garrosh)
- Garrosh! You are not fit to rule the Horde!
- For honor!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Cairne Bloodhoof was the Chief of the united tribes of the tauren, chieftain of the Bloodhoof, leader of Thunder Bluff, and the final wielder of the Bloodhoof Runespear. Allying with the Horde upon its arrival on the shores of Kalimdor, Cairne stood as one of its wisest and most venerated leaders, until his unfortunate death in a duel against Garrosh Hellscream, the new Warchief of the Horde. He was succeeded as chief by his son Baine Bloodhoof.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When summoned, Cairne will say "Take heart young one, the Earth Mother is near." However, when played against a warrior he will say "Garrosh, you are not fit to rule the Horde." This is similar to Illidan Stormrage's emote when summoned against a druid.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Worldbreaker" series, for the card Cairne, Earthmother's Chosen.