We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Bwonsamdi, the Dead
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Put into hand|
Battlecry: Draw 1-Cost minions from your deck until your hand is full.
Everyone's dying to meet him.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Bwonsamdi, the Dead||1600||400|
|Golden Bwonsamdi, the Dead||3200||1600|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Please add any available information to this section.
Bwonsamdi has two main uses. In a control deck, Bwonsamdi can be used to add value by drawing 1-cost minions, maximizing the value of later draws. In the late-game, 1-cost minions are much less valuable than they are in the early-game.
In an aggressive deck, Bwonsamdi can be used as a finisher or used for gaining cards once they have run out. Bwonsamdi, in this case, is akin to Divine Favor.
Paired with Spirit of the Dead, Bwonsamdi can potentially gain the player a massive boost in tempo, providing that large minions have been shuffled into the deck by the Spirit.
Although Bwonsamdi may be impactful, he is overshadowed by many other cards. In a Control Priest deck, one can use Shadow Visions, Ysera, The Lich King, Drakonid Operative, and Curious Glimmerroot to more efficiently generate cards, especially those that are more impactful later in the game. In terms of aggression, Bwonsamdi does not have a valid aggressive Priest deck to support.
If you expect Bwonsamdi to fill your entire hand, make sure you have means to play at least one card before finishing your turn to avoid beginning the next one with an Overdraw.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- You followed de wrong light, mon...
- Join me realm!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Bwonsamdi (pronounced "BWAN-sam-dee") is a powerful loa that controls the spirits of the dead, primarily of trolls. Bwonsamdi's temple is the Necropolis, located in Nazmir on Zandalar. The spirits of all trolls on Zandalar go to him upon death, and he brings the spirits of any who worship him into his realm, the Other Side. Bwonsamdi grows more powerful the more souls are in his care.
- His face is described as looking like a rush'kah mask. After someone undergoes the rite of binding, a ritual "as old as the world itself", the soul of anything they kill goes to Bwonsamdi. To honor the loa of death, Zandalari will don masks in their rituals and pray to him. Bwonsamdi in turn will either answer in kind, or curse them with pain, depending on his mood.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 18.104.22.168845 (2018-11-29): Added.