Battlecry: Add a random Legendary minion to your hand.
Little faerie dragons are made of sugar and spice and maniacal vice.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This card's Battlecry can generate any collectible legendary minion in the game, including those specific to classes other than the controlling hero.
- This card's Battlecry is capable of creating another Brightwing.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Brightwing is understatted for her cost, making her below-average for tempo. Her three Attack can pressure many three drops and a few four drops, but her low health makes her easy to clear. However, her Battlecry means she will not cost card advantage to play. This makes her a useful value card.
Random Legendaries tend to be weak, but can still provide an extra minion late in the game. Minions like Gruul, Deathwing, and High Inquisitor Whitemane can take opponents off guard if they've already spent removal on your other threats. Even poor minions like High Priestess Jeklik or Illidan Stormrage can be played when you have spare mana. Alternatively, they can be used to bait answers to make room for the minions you actually included in your deck.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- We are friends now! Hello, friend!
- Ouchie time!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Brightwing is a faerie dragon located in the Emerald Dreamway. She is also a playable character in Heroes of the Storm.
- The Archdruid encountered Brightwing in the Emerald Dreamway and asked them to help her complete various tasks. Planting Dream Seeds, collecting Rarefied Water in the Eye of Azshara, and retrieving the Pendant of Starlight from Abyssal Queen Sha'rathra to make her incredibly happy. Afterward, Brightwing pledged herself to the Archdruid of the Dreamgrove.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Brightwing, along with High Inquisitor Whitemane, Barrens Stablehand, SI:7 Infiltrator, and Arcane Devourer, were added to the Classic set in patch 184.108.40.206761 to make up for the Classic cards that have been moved to the Wild format in the Hall of Fame set.
- Brightwing first appeared in Heroes of the Storm before being added to World of Warcraft in Legion. She is the second original Heroes of the Storm character to be added to Hearthstone, after Lunara.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.11761 (2019-07-01): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Blizzard Entertainment (2019-06-24). Developer Insights: Class Identity, Hall of Fame, and New Cards. Retrieved on 2019-06-25.