|Set:||The League of Explorers|
|Tags:||Battlecry-related, Ongoing effect|
Your Battlecries trigger twice.
Contains 75% more fiber than his brother Magni!
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Brann Bronzebeard||3200||1600|
Note[edit | edit source]
- Brann causes the Battlecry of any friendly minion or weapon to activate twice. Note that it is the full Battlecry which is duplicated, not simply the effect. For example, a Joust minion like Gadgetzan Jouster will trigger two separate Jousts, rather than gaining double the outcome from a single Joust.
- If Brann causes a manually targeted Battlecry to activate twice, both instances will use the target selected by the player. For example, Abusive Sergeant will grant two copies of its buff to the target minion, while Elven Archer will deal damage twice to the target minion. The second instance of targeted Battlecries that destroy/Silence, etc, will therefore have no significant effect.
- If Brann causes a randomly targeted Battlecry to activate twice, the target will be selected separately, at random, for each activation. For example, Stampeding Kodo will destroy two separate minions (assuming there are two valid targets).
- If Brann duplicates a Discover effect, the two will be separate events, with their own selections of cards. However, there is no special rule preventing the two Discovers from featuring some of the same options simply by chance.
- If Brann Bronzebeard is 'mortally wounded', 'pending destroy' or even Transformed or removed from the Play zone after the first Battlecry resolves, the second Battlecry still resolves. This is because Auras like Brann do not update mid-Phase.
- Note that this card only works with effects specifically marked as Battlecries - Combo and Choose One effects will not be duplicated.
- Brann's effect does not stack with itself; if you have multiple Brann Bronzebeards in play, battlecries will still only trigger twice.
- The double Battlecry effect will only take place if Brann was already present on the board before the Battlecry was activated. If a minion such as Barnes or Onyx Bishop summons a Brann with its Battlecry without a friendly Brann already being present, its Battlecry will not activate a second time.
Specific interactions[edit | edit source]
- A thread displaying every Brann vs Battlecry interaction in the game can be found here.
- As of a hot fix in Patch 18.104.22.16851, Brann will cause Echoing Ooze to spawn two duplicates.
- Death processing does not run between the two Battlecries. For example, if you use Brann Bronzebeard and Void Terror, the minions next to Void Terror will be set 'pending destroy' but will not die, so Void Terror will gain their stats twice. Similarly, Hungry Crab buffs twice before the target Murloc leaves play.
- Random negative effects like Stampeding Kodo and Bomb Lobber won't pick a minion that has already been mortally wounded (0 or less Health) or set pending destroy (hit by a Destroy effect this Phase) again, ensuring their effects won't go to waste with Brann Bronzebeard.
- Aura Update (Health/Attack) does run between the two Battlecries. For example, if you use Brann Bronzebeard and Vol'jin or Crazed Alchemist, and one or both of the minions having their stats swapped are under the effect of a Health/Attack buffing Aura, the Aura will be 'double counted' twice, once per each Swap.
- Recombobulator or Faceless Manipulator, when used with Brann Bronzebeard, will only Transform once. This is because when a minion is Transformed, it moves to the Setaside Zone and the post-Transform minion is brought into play in the same position it was in. So the second Transform effect targets the pre-transform minion in the Setaside Zone, having no visible effect on anything in play. (Note that Tinkmaster Overspark is a random Transform effect, and so will select randomly from the minions currently in play whenever it resolves, and therefore does not 'whiff' in this way.)
- Cabal Shadow Priest played on a board with Brann and 4 other friendly minions will correctly steal the target and leave it on the priest's side. This is a fix to an earlier bug that destroyed the targeted minion due to the second "steal" occurring after the priest's board becomes full from the first steal.
- If Blingtron 3000 is used with Brann Bronzebeard, it will make two weapons for each player in quick succession, with the first immediately being destroyed by the second. However, any Deathrattle of the first weapon will not be activated.
- If a Discover Battlecry minion is played with Brann, a second Discover selection will occur at the end of the summoning sequence rather than during the Battlecry step. (This is the same time Discovered cards are normally put into the hand.) This will occur only if Brann is still alive and under the summoner's control at the end of the sequence, although the Battlecry minion may be dead. By contrast, doubling every other Battlecry simply requires Brann to be alive at the start of the Battlecry step.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
A very strong effect that can snowball a game when left unchecked. Its worthy to note that many Battlecries don't work well with this card when triggering twice (such as Acidic Swamp Ooze, Alexstrasza, etc.) and some could have disastrous results if used haphazardly (like Mad Bomber/Madder Bomber).
Combining this minion with Loatheb will prevent almost any enemy spell-casting next turn, by increasing the cost of all enemy spells by 10 mana.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Who knows what secrets we'll uncover?
- You're history.
Lore[edit | edit source]
In Hearthstone[edit | edit source]
- The youngest of the three Bronzebeard brothers, Brann is one of the greatest explorers to ever wander Azeroth.
- From the frigid mountains of Northrend to the depths of Uldaman, wherever ancient mysteries call, he will follow.
In World of Warcraft[edit | edit source]
- Brann Bronzebeard is the youngest of the three Bronzebeard brothers, with King Magni Bronzebeard and Muradin Bronzebeard being his elders. Brann is an active member of the Explorers' League, following closely in the footsteps of his brother Muradin.
- One of the greatest explorers to ever wander the lands of Azeroth, Brann is recognized and welcomed across the known world. The warm, courageous dwarf has made friends and acquaintances in nearly every charted land - and presumably those uncharted as well. Brann has spent many years mapping out the remote corners and hidden nooks of the Eastern Kingdoms for his beloved Explorers' Guild, which he helped to found. With the discovery of Kalimdor, Brann was one of the first dwarves to tread the unknown paths of the ancients. He has a monkey pet named Glibb.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.12433 (2015-11-10): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Yong Woo on Twitter. (2015-11-19).
- Yong Woo on Twitter. (2015-11-19).
- Yong Woo on Twitter. (2015-11-19).
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQhXy_3r_I0 Tested in Patch 126.96.36.19933 (LoE patch)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeUisKciCOs Tested in Patch 188.8.131.5251 (2016-03-14)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr9QENrxCgw Tested in Patch 184.108.40.20633 (LoE patch)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_BfpGdT_r4 Tested in Patch 220.127.116.1156 (2015-12-04)
- Join the League of Explorers on November 12!. (2015-11-06).