Booty Bay Bodyguard
You can hire him... until someone offers him enough gold to turn on you.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Two copies of Booty Bay Bodyguard are automatically included in all players' collections upon unlocking the shaman class.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This minion has relatively low Health for a Taunt of this cost, and so can be removed by cheaper attackers such as a Jungle Panther. Sen'jin Shieldmasta seems to be a better choice for most decks as a defender. However, his higher attack can allow him to double as a substantial attacking creature and a reasonable defender. Other alternatives include Fen Creeper, which has the same total stat values, but weighted more toward defence.
A strictly better card to consider as a replacement is Evil Heckler. Both cards have Taunt and the same stats, but Evil Heckler costs one less mana.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Get behind me.
- I'll take him out.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Booty Bay is a large pirate city nestled into the cliffs surrounding a beautiful blue lagoon on the southern tip of Stranglethorn Vale. The city is entered by traversing through the bleached-white jaws of a giant shark.
- Run by the Blackwater Raiders who are closely associated with the Steamwheedle Cartel, the port offers facilities to any traveler passing through, regardless of their faction. Combined with the world renowned Salty Sailor Tavern, it is one of the most popular locations in Azeroth.
- Outside of Booty Bay, on the island of Janeiro's Point, is the giant statue of Baron Revilgaz.
- Baron Revilgaz, ruler of this city, is hiring all the help he can get against the pesky Bloodsail Buccaneers and other threats of the city. He resides, together with the leader of the Blackwater Raiders, Fleet Master Seahorn, at the top of the inn of Booty Bay.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Drums of War" series, for the card Vixton Pinchwhistle.
- The card art depicts Vixton Pinchwhistle, a goblin PvP gear vendor located in Gadgetzan. He is related to Krixel Pinchwhistle, whose art is used for Gadgetzan Auctioneer, although Krixel ironically is not situated in Gadgetzan.