He just wants a hug. A sloppy... slimy... hug.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Bluegill Warrior x 2 are automatically included in all players' collections.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Bluegill Warrior is essentially a Murloc Raider with Charge, for a cost of 1 additional mana. The Murlocs' strength mostly comes from synergy with other Murlocs, so if you are going to use it outside of a Murloc deck you will lose a significant part of its potential value. By itself it is 2 points of instant directed damage for 2 mana. If the Bluegill Warrior removes an enemy minion before dying, this can usually be considered a fair trade, and if the Bluegill Warrior survives, it can be even more useful. However, its 1 Health means it is usually unlikely to survive too long without a Taunt or Health buff.
Overall, this card is most useful in Murloc decks (which usually include all available Murlocs anyway) and has limited value in other decks. However, it can serve as a handy form of almost guaranteed damage, especially for decks lacking in removal.
Synergy[edit | edit source]
These cards can be used to buff other minions of the same subtype OR gain buffs from Murlocs on the field:
- Grimscale Oracle - Your other Murlocs have +1 Attack
- Coldlight Seer - (Battlecry) Give your other Murlocs +2 Health
- Murloc Warleader - Your other Murlocs have +2/+1
- Murloc Tidecaller - Whenever you summon a Murloc, gain +1 attack
- Old Murk-Eye - Charge. Has +1 Attack for each other Murloc on the battlefield
Lore[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Throne of the Tides" series, for the card Murloc Coastrunner.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.12436 (2017-04-04) Rarity changed from Common to Free.
- Unknown alpha patch: New art added, previously used by Murloc Tidecaller.