We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Increment attribute|
Battlecry: Gain Attack equal to the Attack of your weapon.
"I only plunder on days that end in 'y'."
How to get[edit | edit source]
Bloodsail Raider can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Bloodsail Raider can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Golden Bloodsail Raider||400||50|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
A rogue deck is particularly good due to their hero power, which essentially makes her a cheap 3/3 minion. Deadly Poison, Perdition's Blade and Assassin's Blade can help make the Bloodsail Raider a threat even when played later.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- X marks the spot!
- Die, landlubber!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- During the events leading up to and following the Third War, several criminal organizations appeared around Azeroth. The neutral evil Bloodsail Buccaneers appear to be one of these organizations, originating from Bloodsail Hold on Plunder Isle, which is where their ruler, Duke Falrevere, holds court. They now plot to plunder and cripple the Steamwheedle Cartel-controlled port city of Booty Bay, currently under the protection of the Blackwater Raiders. It is likely the Bloodsail Buccaneers have come to take advantage of the city’s current loss of its fleet off the coast of the Arathi Highlands, in which two of its ships were destroyed and the remaining ship forced to find shelter in a cove where its crew currently fights to survive skirmishes against the Daggerspine naga.
- In preparation for the attack, the Bloodsail Buccaneers have taken up positions in key locations near the city. Currently, they have three ships anchored along the coastline south of Booty Bay, clear of the town’s defensive cannons, with camps also being built along the same coast in preparation for the attack. In addition, a scouting party has landed just west of the entrance to the city, reporting all activities, and a compound is being constructed along the road leading towards the city and will likely be able to stop any re-enforcements from coming to aid Booty Bay.
- Both the Bloodsail Buccaneers and Blackwater Raiders seek to achieve their goals without having their forces engaged in battle; to this end each side now seeks the aid of adventurers sympathetic to its cause.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Servants of the Betrayer" series, for the card Sea Dog Nally.
- A pirate very similar in appearance to the Bloodsail Raider appears in the web comics released prior to the launch of Knights of the Frozen Throne. In the first issue, Undeath Conquers All, the pirate is seeking to travel to the Frozen Throne with her husband in search of the power there, and persuades a Pompous Thespian into telling a tale about those who have previously succumbed to the Throne.