Battlecry: Remove 1 Durability from your opponent's weapon.
Every pirate uses the same four digits to access Automated Gold Dispensers. It's called the "Pirate's Code".
How to get[edit | edit source]
Bloodsail Corsair can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Bloodsail Corsair can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Golden Bloodsail Corsair||800||100|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Play Bloodsail Corsair at the beginning of your turn to weaken your opponent's offense and gain significant advantage. This card can mean the difference between mitigating or suffering extra damage during your opponent's turn. This effect is extremely useful against Warriors, especially if Gorehowl is their weapon of choice.
Because it is a Pirate and a 1-cost card similar to Southsea Deckhand, it can be used to summon Patches the Pirate from your deck, giving the player a strong turn-1 play. This combo is best played in decks that have low-cost minions such as token decks or zoo decks. Bloodsail Corsair is also a neutral pirate which does not synergize with weapons, unlike other cheap pirates such as Small-Time Buccaneer. This makes Bloodsail Corsair optimal for non-weapon classes to summon Patches the Pirate.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Avast, matey!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- During the events leading up to and following the Third War, several criminal organizations appeared around Azeroth. The neutral evil Bloodsail Buccaneers appear to be one of these organizations, originating from Bloodsail Hold on Plunder Isle, which is where their ruler, Duke Falrevere, holds court. They now plot to plunder and cripple the Steamwheedle Cartel-controlled port city of Booty Bay, currently under the protection of the Blackwater Raiders. It is likely the Bloodsail Buccaneers have come to take advantage of the city’s current loss of its fleet off the coast of the Arathi Highlands, in which two of its ships were destroyed and the remaining ship forced to find shelter in a cove where its crew currently fights to survive skirmishes against the Daggerspine naga.
- In preparation for the attack, the Bloodsail Buccaneers have taken up positions in key locations near the city. Currently, they have three ships anchored along the coastline south of Booty Bay, clear of the town’s defensive cannons, with camps also being built along the same coast in preparation for the attack. In addition, a scouting party has landed just west of the entrance to the city, reporting all activities, and a compound is being constructed along the road leading towards the city and will likely be able to stop any re-enforcements from coming to aid Booty Bay.
- Both the Bloodsail Buccaneers and Blackwater Raiders seek to achieve their goals without having their forces engaged in battle; to this end each side now seeks the aid of adventurers sympathetic to its cause.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "March of the Legion" series, for the card Captain Swash.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Alpha patch (unknown date, pre-May 2013): Text changed from "Battlecry: Gain Health equal to the Durability of your weapon." to "Remove 1 Durability from your opponent's weapon.".