|Set:||Journey to Un'Goro|
|Abilities:||Deal damage, Modify cost|
|Tags:||Cost-related, Health-related, Spell-related|
The next spell you cast this turn costs Health instead of Mana.
Help save mana. Donate blood today!
How to get[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Similar to Cho'gall, this card's effect creates a cost-modification enchantment attached to your player. This enchantment causes all your spells to cost damage instead of mana, but wears off as soon as you play a spell or at the end of your turn (whichever happens first).
- The mana costs of those cards are affected as usual by cost-modification effects, and thus their "Health cost" is modified accordingly.
- Despite the card's ambiguous wording, Bloodbloom's effect deal damage to the controlling hero, creating and resolving a Damage Event whose source is Bloodbloom's effect.
- The player must be Immune or have a combined Health and Armor total greater than the final mana cost of an affected card in order to be allowed to play it (regardless of their currently available mana). Trying to play an affected card will otherwise result in an error message.
- Cards in hand that can be played using Bloodbloom's effect will have their mana cost highlighted by red bubbles.
- The cost-modification enchantment is attached to your player, not your hero, and thus it will not be cancelled if your hero is replaced by Ragnaros or Lord Jaraxxus.
- For more extensive notes, see Cho'gall#Notes.
- The effects of multiple Cho'Galls and/or Bloodblooms do not stack: since they do not add a Health cost to the spell but simply replace the mana cost with an alternative cost, multiples are redundant. Moreover, all such effects wear off as soon as you play a single spell.
- Example: If you have both Bloodbloom and Cho'Gall's effects active, you pay Health instead of mana for the next spell you cast that turn, then the effect ends. You do not get to do it for two spells in a row, and you don't pay Health twice.
Known bugs[edit | edit source]
- Similar to the Blood Magic Tavern Brawl, the "Blood mana" symbol can "drip out" and remain in the game interface after the affected card is played.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- See also: Cho'Gall
This spell allows the casting player to immediately follow up with a spell with high mana cost, as early as turn 2 (or even turn 1 when combined with The Coin). The advantage that such an early start gives can offset the health loss to your Hero.
On turn 5, you can combine this with Violet Illusionist, allowing you to cast an expensive spell without paying the health penalty.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Bloodbloom's visual effect is the same as Life Tap's effect, but it's colored blood-red.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 188.8.131.5236 (2017-04-04) Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- HysteriA (2017-04-06). Hearthstone Mythbusters 30 - UNGORO SPECIAL (at 3:25).
- HysteriA (2017-04-06). Hearthstone Mythbusters 30 - UNGORO SPECIAL - YouTube at 3:25.
- Noxious (2017-04-23). [Hearthstone] SUPER FUN HAPPY TIMES #85 - YouTube at 5:48.