Blessing of Wisdom
|Tags:||Targeted, Triggered effect|
Choose a minion. Whenever it attacks, draw a card.
Apparently with wisdom comes the knowledge that you should probably be attacking every turn.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Blessing of Wisdom can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Blessing of Wisdom can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Blessing of Wisdom||40||5|
|Golden Blessing of Wisdom||400||50|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Blessing of Wisdom creates an enchantment attached to the target minion, working the same way Power Word: Glory does.
- Multiple copies of the Blessing of Wisdom enchantment can be applied to a single minion, with each activating separately whenever the minion attacks.
- Even if the other player takes control of the minion Blessing of Wisdom was cast on, and whether you cast it on your minion or an opponent's minion, Blessing of Wisdom will always draw cards for the original caster. (This is contrast to generated Deathrattles such as Ancestral Spirit or Explorer's Hat, which resolve their effects for the current controller of the minion.)
- If copied by Faceless Manipulator and Echoing Ooze, copies of the enchantment will still draw cards for the original caster, and not the player who copied it.
- Blessing of Wisdom will always trigger after Freezing Trap, meaning that you will not draw a card if attacking into this Secret. However, if the minion is mortally wounded (0 or less Health) or pending destroy (hit by a Destroy effect), the minion is considered still in play and Blessing of Wisdom may trigger. This means that attacking into Vaporize or Explosive Trap will still draw you a card.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Blessing of Wisdom is a simple card with multiple uses. It can be used on tough minions for high uptime, on the few neutral minions with Windfury for multiple cards in one turn, or on enemy creatures to force bad trades (while the opponent tries to get rid of it). On a side note, this card can be used twice on a minion and if it attacks, you will draw 2 cards.
If you're going to cast it on one of your own minions, it's best to be able to attack with the minion that turn, so you will at least break even in terms of cards. If you use it to flush excess mana on a minion that's exhausted, you can bet your opponent will remove it if at all possible.
While more obviously used upon one of your own minions, this spell can also be used upon enemy minions to great effect. This can be used defensively to make an opponent think twice about attacking with a dangerous minion, or can force them to draw cards for you in order to make use of their minion. This buff will make them more likely to sacrifice that minion in preference of another, but can also be removed with a Silence.
A quirk of this spell is that if your opponent uses a Faceless Manipulator to copy your minion with this buff, the copied minion's attacks will still grant you cards, and not your opponent. The card draw recipient is set at time of casting, and isn't simply the current owner of the minion. This is also important when considering taking control of a minion buffed with Blessing of Wisdom using a mind control effect such as Mind Control.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This card has the same effect trigger and mana cost as the priest's Power Word: Glory, the difference being Power Word: Glory restores the casting hero's Health instead of drawing cards.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "The Hunt for Illidan" series, for the card Full Circle.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.12444 (2014-03-11): Minions that have been blessed by Blessing of Wisdom now show the trigger “lightning bolt”. Talk about a bright idea!