Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Abilities:||Deal damage, Generate, Overkill|
|Tags:||Area of effect, Class-related, Random, Spell-generating|
Deal 2 damage to all minions.
Overkill: Add a random Mage spell to your hand.
If you’re burning and you know it, wave your hands!
How to get[edit | edit source]
Blast Wave can be obtained through Rastakhan's Rumble card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Blast Wave can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Golden Blast Wave||1600||400|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- As with all area of effect Overkill cards, Blast Wave can activate its Overkill effect several times, once for each minion it deals excess damage to.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This will prove to be very useful if your opponent has many one-health minions on the board. This will clear the board, and for every one-health minion killed you will get a random spell in your hand. This spell also works favourably with Spell Damage increases.
- Please add any available information to this section.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Blast Wave is a low-level talent for Fire mages in World of Warcraft. The spell causes a small explosion around the caster, dealing moderate damage to nearby enemies and greatly slowing them for 4 seconds.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In contrast with cards like Surrender to Madness (which was created to fulfill the fantasy of the Surrender to Madness spell in World of Warcraft), Blast Wave's design started with the mechanics of the card and the idea of an AoE spell with Overkill, and ended up being tied to the World of Warcraft spell Blast Wave later in design.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.11845 (2018-11-29): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Peter Whalen on Twitter. (2018-11-02).
- Mike Minotti (2018-11-21). Hearthstone: Rastakhan’s Rumble card reveal — Blast Wave. VentureBeat. Retrieved on 2018-11-21.
- Peter Whalen on Twitter. (2018-11-21).