Blade of C'Thun
|Set:||Whispers of the Old Gods|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Destroy, Increment attribute|
|Tags:||Attack-related, C'Thun-related, Health-related, Targeted|
Battlecry: Destroy a minion. Add its Attack and Health to C'Thun's (wherever it is).
C'Thun demands a sacrifice! Preferably a Deathwing.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Blade of C'Thun||400||100|
|Golden Blade of C'Thun||1600||400|
Related cards[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This card will not be included in Arena picks (along with C'Thun and all other related cards). However, it may still appear in Arena matches through random effects.
- Brann Bronzebeard will cause only one minion to be destroyed as usual, but the bonus stats to C'Thun will be applied twice.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
A great combination with Shadowstep after using this card, thus returning it to your hand with a reduced cost of 7 mana. Then, next turn it can form a combo with Brann Bronzebeard, who costs 3 mana, for the total of 10 mana. Shadowcaster is also very useful if you can keep Blade of C'Thun alive to the next turn, effectively creating a 1-mana Assassinate with further boost to your C'Thun. Ultimately, this card can create a very strong C'Thun without the need of other C'Thun-buffing minions in your deck.
Lore[edit | edit source]
This minion's title and robes suggest he holds an elevated position within the ranks of one of C'Thun's cults, perhaps as a high priest, or assassin - or both.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.1174 (2016-04-24): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Hearthhead.com - Hearthstone's Whispers of the Old Gods - Everything We Know. (2016-03-11).
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2016-03-15).