We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|Abilities:||Deal damage, Destroy|
|Tags:||Area of effect, Attack-related, Weapon-related|
Destroy your weapon and deal its damage to all enemy minions.
"Look, it's not just about waving daggers around really fast. It's a lot more complicated than that." - Shan, Rogue Trainer
How to get[edit | edit source]
Blade Flurry can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Blade Flurry can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Golden Blade Flurry||800||100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This spell has two steps:
- This spell's damage is increased by bonuses from Spell Damage and Prophet Velen.
- This spell can be used if your weapon has 0 Attack, usually dealing no damage unless you have some Spell Damage bonus.
- Since this spell's damage is based on the weapon and not the hero, it is increased by effects that increase weapon Attack, such as Spiteful Smith, but not by effects that increase hero Attack, such as Heroic Strike.
- As the damage is dealt by Blade Flurry itself, not by the weapon, having a weapon with Poisonous (e.g. via Envenom Weapon) or Lifesteal won't create any synergy.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Blade Flurry is an area of effect attack with variable output depending on the rogue's current weapon. The high cost of the spell and the destruction of the equipped weapon mean it is often an inefficient play without the right conditions.
Because this spell destroys the weapon, if the weapon has more than 1 Durability remaining, the rogue should almost always attack first, before using Blade Flurry. With Deadly Poison on a Wicked Knife, this allows the rogue to deal 6 damage to a single minion, and 3 to all other enemy minions.
Following its nerf in Patch 22.214.171.12474 Blade Flurry is generally considered a very poor card. Although still capable of being effective under the right circumstances, its high cost and lack of hero damage means it is not currently seen in the competitive meta. Better alternatives include Fan of Knives (especially in combination with Bloodmage Thalnos) and Dark Iron Skulker.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Blade Flurry is a Combat rogue ability, learned at level 10. While active, all of the rogue's attacks strike up to 4 additional nearby enemies within 8 yards for 35% damage, but the rogue's energy regenerates 20% more slowly. Blade Flurry is one of the few area of effect abilities available to rogues (the others being Fan of Knives and Killing Spree).
- This effect has no fixed duration but can be toggled on and off. After being cancelled, it goes into a 10 second cooldown (similar to Stealth).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "The Hunt for Illidan" series, for the card Retainer's Blade.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 126.96.36.19974 (2016-04-24): Cost increased from 2 to 4. Card text changed from "Destroy your weapon and deal its damage to all enemies." to "Destroy your weapon and deal its damage to all enemy minions."
- Comments: "Blade Flurry is a problem because it enables both board clear and heavy burst damage, and it’s also an obstacle to adding better cards for Rogues. To address these issues, the cost of Blade Flurry is moving from 2 to 4 mana, and it will now only affect minions, so that Rogues have to choose between removing threats or damaging the enemy Hero."
- Patch 188.8.131.5288 (2013-06-22): Now deals damage to all enemies rather than all enemy minions.
- Patch 184.108.40.20640 (April or May 2013): Cost changed from 3 to 2. Text changed from "Deal your weapon's damage to all enemy minions" to "Destroy your weapon and deal its damage to all enemy minions"
- Unknown alpha patch: Added, replacing Envenom.