|Set:||Kobolds and Catacombs|
|Voice actor:||Dave Boat|
This furbolg's dark magic twists the other dungeonfolk.
Hero powers[edit | edit source]
|Rank 1||Rank 2|
Deck[edit | edit source]
The below classes are listed purely for reference, and have no effect on the boss' use of the cards during the battle.
|Saronite Chain Gang||2|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Despite his strategy resembling an Evolve Shaman deck, Blackseed uses a Token Druid deck, fielding plenty of creatures so that he almost always has something to use with his Hero Power.
Much like how one combats Evolve Shaman decks, do everything in your power to keep his board empty so that he has very few targets to use his Hero Power on. Keep some board clears handy around turn 4 to 5 as that's when he begins to use Saronite Chain Gang and Doppelgangster. If you're on the higher levels, where his Hero Power isn't free, his AI doesn't plan ahead enough reserve mana to immediately use his Hero Power on the tokens, typically giving you a free turn to pick them off before he starts evolving them.
In case you can't clear enough of his minions in time, the only thing left is to just hope that he rolls poorly with the evolving effects.
Beware using Tad's Pole, which can actually harm you more than help. Most of Blackseed's cards have directly harmful effects when summoned instead of played, and those that don't are either often useless or incredibly subpar.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
- King Togwaggle
- Blackseed be sinking deep, deep, coming back with new wiggly bits.
- Something wicked burrows here...
- You are just another... of the voices...
- You do not see the shadows... but they see you.
- Who is the monster here?
- Things are not as they seem...
- These caverns go deep.
- It calls out...
- You are touched by darkness!
- There is another, far below...
- Did I... Did I kill it? What have I done...?
Lore[edit | edit source]
Blackseed is unique to hearthstone. He appears to be corrupted by an Old God.
- Furbolgs are a hulking, ancient race of bear-men who live in northern Kalimdor and in Northrend. Though they have no special love for war or murder, several tribes have fallen to multiple forms of corruption, including but not limited to the Burning Legion and the Old Gods. The tribes of Ashenvale were traditional allies of the night elves. Concerned by the once peaceful race's condition, the night elves have attempted to help the furbolgs settle their tensions, but the mighty bear-men retreat ever further into their territories and fall deeper into the rage that is overtaking their race. Few tribes are now tolerant of outsiders, most notable being the Timbermaw tribe. Meanwhile, the tribes of Grizzly Hills struggle to recover from the corruption Yogg-Saron placed upon their people.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 10.0.0.22611 (2017-12-06): Added.