- "Dalaran crashed into Blackrock Mountain! Take control of an E.V.I.L. boss and dungeon crawl your way out! How fast can you beat Blackrock Mountain!?
Blackrock Crash is a Tavern Brawl. It debuted on July 10, 2019.
This Brawl celebrates the Fire Fest-E.V.I.L. event, and is played exclusively on the Blackrock Mountain battlefield.
||July 10, 2019
||July 17, 2019
||There were a number of rewards available after certain conditions were met:
||July 17, 2019
||July 24, 2019
||Week 2 of the brawl adds a fifth hero, Arch-Villain Rafaam, and two more rewards:
In addition, the rewards for finishing a run in 60 or 40 minutes were still available for players who had not done this in Week 1.
This single-player Brawl sees players navigating through Blackrock Mountain as one of four playable heroes: Swampqueen Hagatha, Blastmaster Boom, Madame Lazul and Heistbaron Togwaggle. In the second week, a fifth hero is added, Arch-Villain Rafaam.
It is similar to the Dungeon Run mode, and the encounters mirror those from the Blackrock Mountain adventure, with the exception of Nefarian and Ragnaros the Firelord.
Note: Because this is a Tavern Brawl, games played in this mode do count towards completing daily quests, even though the games are not played against other humans.
- The objective of Blackrock Crash is to defeat eight bosses of increasing difficulty to win the run.
- The player begins with a collection of ten cards, consisting of different cards for each class.
- The player starts on 15 Health, and gains additional Health per defeated boss, up to 40 Health for the eighth, and final boss.
- After rounds 1 and 5, the player receives a Passive buff, selected from one of three random passive buffs from the pool of Passives.
- These passives give a permanent effect to the player for the rest of the run. These are applied at the start of the match, meaning some buffs that affect cards will not affect cards added to your hand or deck later in the game.
- After rounds 3 and 7, the player receives a Treasure card, selected from one of three random cards from the pool of Treasure cards. These are very powerful cards, and often have low mana costs.
- After each round, the player is offered three bundles of three cards each. The player can only select one of these three bundles. This allows the player to increase their deck size in tandem with the boss' decks increasing in size.
- Should a game end in a tie, the player will be given the chance to try the round again.
- The player always goes first. The enemy also does not get The Coin.
||Yoink!: "Add a random card to your hand (from another class)." (2 Mana)
||Overmine: "Shuffle two Bombs into your opponent's deck." (1 Mana)
||Soothe: "Give a minion -2 Attack until your next turn." (1 Mana)
||Evolution: "Transform a friendly minion into one that costs (1) more." (2 Mana)
||Hagatha starts with: Stargazing: "You can use your Hero Power twice each turn. It costs (1) less." (Passive)
||Arch-Villany: "Steal a card from your opponent's deck. If it's a minion, summon it." (2 Mana)
Upon starting a fresh run, a player is given a deck of 10 cards. These decks are always the same for that class. Each deck runs one copy of each of the cards in the below lists.
||Encountered in Round
||ME SMASH: "Destroy a random damaged enemy minion." (1 Mana)
||Ignite Mana: "Deal 5 damage to the enemy hero if they have any unspent Mana." (0 Mana)
|Omnotron Defense System
||Activate Arcanotron: "Activate Arcanotron!" (2 Mana, autocast)
||Magma Pulse: "Deal 1 damage to all minions." (1 Mana, autocast)
||Starts with seven Firesworn in play.
||Echolocate: "Equip a weapon that grows as your opponent plays cards." (1 Mana)
||Wild Magic: "Put a random spell from your opponent's class into your hand. (1 Mana, autocast)
||Mimics his setup from the Showdown at Blackrock Mountain Brawl.
|Vaelastrasz the Corrupt
||Essence of the Red: Each player draws 2 cards. (0 Mana, autocast)
|Ragnaros the Firelord
- Molten Rage: Summon a 5/1 Magma Rager. (2 Mana) (before Sulfuras' Deathrattle)
- DIE, INSECT: Deal 8 damage to random enemy. (2 Mana) (after Sulfuras' Deathrattle)
|Mimics his setup from the Showdown at Blackrock Mountain Brawl.
The first time a player enters the Brawl, Arch-Villain Rafaam and Blastmaster Boom will briefly exchange some dialogue:
- Rafaam: How did we crash into A MOUNTAIN!? Seriously?
- Boom: Hey! Runnin' into a mountain isn't an art, it's a SCIENCE!