|Set:||Knights of the Frozen Throne|
|Tags:||Healing-related, Random, Triggered effect|
Whenever your hero is healed, deal that much damage to a random enemy minion.
"Did I ever tell you the story of when I single-handedly took down a 29/29 C'thun?" - Reno Jackson
How to get[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- As with all healing-related triggered effects, attempting to restore Health to the player's hero when they are already at full health will not trigger Blackguard's effect.
- This card's effect is triggered immediately after the healing is applied.
- As a result, when you attack an enemy minion with Truesilver Champion, Blackguard's effect will trigger before your hero attacks the minion. If the targeted minion is destroyed by the Blackguard's effect, the attack is cancelled while retaining the healing and Durability of Truesilver Champion, allowing you to attack again.
- Giving this card Lifesteal using the Rise of Shadows paladin spell Lightforged Blessing results in a ludicrously-powerful combined effect that was never Standard-viable. Lifesteal triggers on any damage dealt by the minion, including by the minion's effect; the minion's effect triggers whenever 1) your hero regains heath (only when that health is actually gained, not when your hero is at full health) and 2) your enemy has a minion on the board. Thus, a Blackguard with Lifesteal results in a cycle starting when your hero regains any health or when the Blackguard deals damage and ending only once you run out of enemy minions to damage or once you run out of health to restore.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Blackguard synergizes well with cards that heal your hero such as Ivory Knight, Truesilver Champion or Lifesteal minions. Cards with Lifesteal such as Chillblade Champion can help keep the opponent's board predictably under control.
Blackguard has a strong synergy with Truesilver Champion. The heal is applied before the attack, so, whenever you attack an enemy with 2 health (or 4 with a Crystalsmith Kangor) the heal trigger will activate his effect and the damage applied will kill the target without expending the weapon's durability. This combination allows you to get a huge control over the enemie's field, and when paired with The Glass Knight, you can totally dominate the filed easily as long as your hero have suffered damage. It is obvious that this combo should be used with High Priest Thekal and Bloodclaw.
As mentioned before, a Blackguard with Life Steal becomes an endless cycle killing machine as long as you health is not full or the enemy does not have minions.
Though its 3 Attack is low for its Mana Cost, its 9 Health is more than average to survive multiple enemy attacks or AoE damage.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- My torture continues.
- No escape.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 18.104.22.16857 (2017-08-08): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Mike Donais on reddit. (2017-08-06). Retrieved on 2017-08-06.
- [Hearthstone 7 NEW INTERACTIONS from Knights of The Frozen Throne (Jaina, Doomerang, Blackguard)]. (2017-08-11). Retrieved on 2017-08-11.
- Hearthside Chat with Matt Place: Death Knight Hero Cards - YouTube. (2017-08-06). Retrieved on 2017-08-06.