|Set:||Knights of the Frozen Throne|
|Tags:||Healing-related, Random, Triggered effect|
Whenever your hero is healed, deal that much damage to a random enemy minion.
"Did I ever tell you the story of when I single-handedly took down a 29/29 C'thun?" - Reno Jackson
How to get[edit | edit source]
Blackguard can be obtained through Knights of the Frozen Throne card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Blackguard can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- As with all healing-related triggered effects, attempting to restore Health to the player's hero when they are already at full health will not trigger Blackguard's effect.
- This card's effect is triggered immediately after the healing is applied.
- As a result, when you attack an enemy minion with Truesilver Champion, Blackguard's effect will trigger before your hero attacks the minion. If the targeted minion is destroyed by the Blackguard's effect, the attack is cancelled while retaining the healing and Durability of Truesilver Champion, allowing you to attack again.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Blackguard synergizes well with cards that heal your hero such as Ivory Knight, Truesilver Champion or Lifesteal minions. Cards with Lifesteal such as Chillblade Champion can help keep the opponent's board predictably under control.
Though its 3 Attack is low for its Mana Cost, its 9 Health is more than average to survive multiple enemy attacks or AoE damage.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- My torture continues.
- No escape.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 18.104.22.16857 (2017-08-08): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Mike Donais on reddit. (2017-08-06). Retrieved on 2017-08-06.
- [Hearthstone 7 NEW INTERACTIONS from Knights of The Frozen Throne (Jaina, Doomerang, Blackguard)]. (2017-08-11). Retrieved on 2017-08-11.
- Hearthside Chat with Matt Place: Death Knight Hero Cards - YouTube. (2017-08-06). Retrieved on 2017-08-06.