|Tags:||Attack-related, Positional effect, Targeted|
Force an enemy minion to deal its damage to the minions next to it.
Everyone has a price. Gnomes, for example, can be persuaded by stuffed animals and small amounts of chocolate.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Betrayal can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Betrayal can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This spell causes the target minion to deal damage equal to its Attack value to the minions adjacent to it, in the order left-right.
- No combat occurs: thus, the target minion does not suffer damage in return, and Windfury does not affect damage dealt by Betrayal nor cause the target minion to deal its damage more than once.
- For all game purposes the damage dealt through Betrayal is not dealt by the spell itself, but by the target minion. Consequently:
- Betrayal does not benefit from Spell Damage and Prophet Velen, since the damage is dealt by the minion and not by the spell.
- The damage dealt will carry any of the targeted minion's effects that activate from dealing damage (such as Water Elemental, Emperor Cobra and Queen of Pain), but not those that activate from attacking the target (such as Foe Reaper 4000 and Blessing of Wisdom).
- This spell can target a minion with 0 Attack or without adjacent minions: even if no damage will be dealt, it still counts as a spell played.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Minion placement becomes important when playing against a rogue: Betrayal allows them to use one of your friendly high-Attack minion as a "bomb" to take out the minions next to it. If expecting Betrayal, or playing against a rogue who might Discover it, try to place high-Attack minions on the far left or far right of your board, to prevent optimal Betrayal play.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Worldbreaker" series, for the card Bully.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 126.96.36.19988 (2013-06-22): Cost decreased to 2 mana, down from 3.
- Patch 188.8.131.5240 (April or May 2013): Cost increased to 3 mana, up from 0.