Not all of Battrund's minions are mummies. Some got a bad wrap.
Hero Powers[edit | edit source]
Decks[edit | edit source]
The below classes are listed purely for reference, and have no effect on the boss' use of the cards during the battle.
These decks correspond only to level 4. If this boss is encountered on level 3, his deck will be missing 5 random cards.
|Warrior||Improve Morale||2||Battle Rage||2|
|Battle Rage||2||Frothing Berserker||2|
|Ogre Warmaul||2||Grommash Hellscream||1|
|Crush||1||Mistress of Mixtures||2|
|Neutral||Temple Berserker||2||Amani Berserker||2|
|Ogre Brute||2||Haunted Creeper||2|
|Body Wrapper||1||Anubisath Sentinel||1|
|Wasteland Scorpid||1||Cairne Bloodhoof||1|
|Living Monument||1||Wasteland Scorpid||1|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Due to Battrund's hero power all his minions are difficult to kill, leaving a body with 1 HP after death. Therefore, it is not possible to control the board with an aggro deck, dealing damage only to the face and forcing the boss to trade, because his minions will not only kill yours, but also remain on the board, quickly lowering the health of your hero. This way of play is not fatal only if you have board clears like Arcane Craftiness, Sandstorm Elemental, Spirit Lash etc.
Normal deck is quite slow and contains almost no minions that can do much harm after death. Some of them, such as Temple Berserker, Bone Wraith and Restless Mummy, don't get the value from his hero power at all. Just kill minions that have Reborn, and kill 1-HP bodies if you consider it necessary.
Heroic deck, on the other hand, consists entirely of good tempo creatures that are easily able to fill the table with their deathrattles and leave you no opportunities to intercept it except powerful protection from Karl the Lost. However, if he puts Abomination, you can easily clear his entire board 1 or 2 times. Besides the good controlling with First Aid Kit you can turn this swarm to your advantage in the following ways:
1) Using passive Band of Scarabs, because he has 8 minions with 1 attack. This will either deprive Battrund of the ability to play minions, or he will be able to play them 1-2 per turn only, which will make it easier to control the board and deal damage to the enemy. Truesilver Lance and Scales of Justice perform very well here.
2) Another good passive is Primordial Bulwark. If you understand that you won't be able to take over the board, but you can inflict at least 10 damage to the hero, do so and wait ffor lethal damage to your hero.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
- Less talking, more hitting.
- Me want new friend.
- Take bandage.
- We live on!
- You make good mummy.
- Me need beauty sleep.
- So tired.
- Was having good dream...
- Pharaoh Cat
- Kitty come back. And again.
- Wasteland Scorpid
- Watch out for pet. Mad when tired.
- Living Monument
- Need big bandages for this.
- Me slumber now.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Battrund is unique to Hearthstone.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.124717 (2019-09-10): Added.
|Tombs of Terror|
The Lost City
Halls of Origination
The Inner Sanctum