|Tags:||Deathrattle-related, Ongoing effect|
Your minions trigger their Deathrattles twice.
There used to be five Horsemen but one of them left because a job opened up in the deadmines and the benefits were better.
- For other appearances of Baron Rivendare, see Baron Rivendare (disambiguation).
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Baron Rivendare||3200||1600|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Rivendare's ability is not duplicated or multiplied by having more than one Baron Rivendare in play.
- Both Deathrattles are treated separately. So the Webspinner's Deathrattle can result in two different cards  and the Dark Cultist's Deathrattle can target two different minions.
- The second activation of the Deathrattle is immediately after the first activation resolves, before the game moves on to resolving the next on-death trigger or Deathrattle.
- Baron Rivendare's effect also works on remotely triggered Deathrattles such as from Play Dead.
- Baron Rivendare's effect, being an aura, only appears and disappears between Phases when Aura Update (Other) runs, which is just after the Death Processing step. This means that if Baron Rivendare is summoned or stolen mid-Phase he does not start or stop doubling Deathrattles yet. However, if he dies at the same time as a minion with a Deathrattle, the Deathrattle is not doubled. For more information on these game processes, see Advanced rulebook.
- The two activations of the Deathrattle do not queue/resolve separately. Rather, the Deathrattle queues once, and if it resolves, the effect of the aura makes it activate twice inside of the resolution. For example, if you have Baron Rivendare and an Unearthed Raptor with many Weasel Tunneler Deathrattles on it, each Deathrattles resolves twice and does not check in between resolutions the fact that the minion's controller has changed (which would normally prevent the deathrattle from resolving).
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Just as it seems, Baron Rivendare is inteneded to use in a Deathrattle focused deck. Cards such as Feugen and Stalagg, Sneed's Old Shredder, and Silver Vanguard are all minions which work well when paired with Rivendare. Note that Rivendare would also affect cards such as Play Dead and Feign Death, which makes it easier to utilize Rivendare's ability without killing off friendly minions. Rivendare also serves as a Soft Taunt, as it provides a bonus with great potential. When playing Rivendare, it should be made sure that it will not be easily removed, or when it can be easily removed, to utilize Rivendare's effect the turn he was played. As Hunter, Necromechanic is a substitute for Rivendare and is widely considered to be more powerful, as it has 2 more attack and is therefore more favorable when trading.
With 7 health and 1 attack, Rivendare is also a valuable target for Divine Spirit and Inner Fire, and can pull off unexpected wins because of the opponent's reluctance to clear Rivendare off the board when its effect cannot take significant impact.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- The Scourge will consume you!
- Lambs to the slaughter!
Lore[edit | edit source]
For information and artwork for the Four Horsemen, see The Four Horsemen.
Curse of Naxxramas[edit | edit source]
- Kel’Thuzad’s royal guard can be found in the Four Horsemen, each with their own twisted powers at their disposal: Lady Blameaux is a master of the shadow, able to drain the essence of life from those she encounters; Thane Korth’azz controls the destructive power of fire, and can even call forth fiery meteors from the skies; Sir Zeliek was once a paladin, so powerful in life that he can still wield the Light in death; and Baron Rivendare, once a friend of Kel'Thuzad, now continues to serve his old comrade in death with his corrupting powers and skeletal Deathcharger.
World of Warcraft[edit | edit source]
- Baron Rivendare
- Baron Rivendare is a powerful death knight in the service of the Lich King. Originally ruling over the city of Stratholme for the Scourge, he now leads the Four Horsemen of Naxxramas in place of Highlord Mograine.
- The Four Horsemen
- "The most powerful death knights within Naxxramas are the four horsemen. They represent the pinnacle of Kel'Thuzad's guard. The first, Thane Korth'azz, holds the power of flame. The next, Lady Blaumeux, calls forth the power of shadows, drawing the souls of the living into the voracious embrace. Sir Zeliek, a paladin in life, so strong in his faith, that even in undeath, the power of the light still heeds his call, smiting his foes in battle. The final death knight, Lord Mograine, was the finest warrior that the death knights had ever seen. However, after the events of Azeroth, he vanished without a trace. Kel'Thuzad has appointed Baron Rivendare in his place."
- - Commander Eligor Dawnbringer
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Naxxramas Raid Deck" series, for the card Baron Rivendare.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 126.96.36.19941 (2014-07-31): Flavor text has been changed from "Lady Blaumeux is a little hurt that they don't call themselves "The Four Horsepeople."" to "There used to be five Horsemen but one of them left because a job opened up in the deadmines and the benefits were better."
- Patch 188.8.131.5224 (2014-07-22): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- ChanManV (2014-04-24). Value Town #27 w/ ChanManV, Trump, Gnimsh, and Ben Brode Pt. 1.
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2014-06-19).
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHyhgtsqjGs&11m28s link Tested in Patch 184.108.40.20654 (TGT pre-purchase patch)
- Naxxramas, the Floating Necropolis (official blog). (2014-07-03).