|Set:||Hall of Fame|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Draw cards, Spell Damage|
Spell Damage +1. Battlecry: Draw a card.
They initially planned to be the Beryl or Cerulean drakes, but those felt a tad too pretentious.
How to get
Azure Drake can be obtained through crafting only.
|Golden Azure Drake||800||100|
Azure Drake is a sturdy 4/4 with two key abilities: Spell Damage and card draw. It is almost identical to the basic Ogre Magi, the only difference being the card draw effect, being a dragon, and an additional 1 mana cost.
Azure Drake is most useful in decks with offensive spells, while its card draw effect can be useful in any deck for gaining card advantage. Its stats make it a solid mid-game minion capable of taking a hit or two.
Consider running two of these cards if facing a lot of Priests as they lack efficient counters to a 4 attack Dragon minion. This can also be considered with Twilight Drake.
Azure Drakes are any of a number of dragons which make up the Blue dragonflight.
- The blue dragonflight, while ruled by Malygos, the lord of magic, was all but devastated by the evil Deathwing and his black dragonflight. Though there are few great blue dragons left in the world, their magical powers are awesome to behold. Native to Northrend, the few blues stay relatively close to the great Dragonblight, where they commune with the ancient dragon spirits who died in ages past. Their freezing breath and gargantuan claws have been the death of many hapless travelers in Northrend.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Twilight of the Dragons" series, for the card Arygos.
- This card's art specifically depicts the blue dragon Arygos.
- Arygos was an ancient blue dragon and offspring of Malygos. During the War of the Shifting Sands, he was taken captive by the Qiraji. After the short-lived races freed him from his 9,000-year imprisonment, Arygos openly sided with his father Malygos during the Nexus War. Following the death of his father Arygos wanted to ensure that he was chosen to be the leader of the blue dragonflight and allied himself with Deathwing, but was later betrayed and killed by the Twilight Father.
- Commentary: Azure Drake is a strong Neutral card that ended up being a bit too versatile, and thus became one of the most played cards in the game. There should be more five drop options for players, rather than considering Azure Drake an auto-include.