Most card tables were converted early Thursday morning to run on a different wiki extension. (From Semantic MediaWiki to Cargo.)
Please report any problems you encounter with these tables to OOeyes.
We are re-indexing our search results on the top 100 wikis on the platform, starting June 25th and ending later this week. If you experience search issues, that means your wiki is currently being re-indexed. Thanks for your patience.
|Tags:||Damage-related, Triggered effect|
|Voice actor:||Darin De Paul|
Whenever this minion takes damage, deal 2 damage to the enemy hero.
Once a lowly "Stick Flinger", he's been relentless on the path to his ultimate dream: "Tauren Flinger".
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Axe Flinger||400||50|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This minion deals damage to the enemy hero each time it suffers damage, regardless of the amount. This means that multiple instances of minor damage such as Arcane Missiles will produce far more damage output than a single burst of damage such as Fireball.
- Axe Flinger will no longer be offered for selection in Arena, since the 15th of September 2016. However, it is still obtainable in Arena matches through random effects, such as Unstable Portal.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This minion essentially trades Attack for its triggered effect, potentially dealing repeated damage directly to the opponent. Its 5 Health allows it to withstand several hits without dying.
This card has obvious synergy with self-damaging effects like Cruel Taskmaster and Inner Rage, as well as AoEs like Whirlwind and Death's Bite. It may be particularly effective in combination with Bouncing Blade, potentially allowing it to deal 10 damage to the enemy hero in a single turn.
Similarly to Acolyte of Pain, the player may wish to inflict damage upon this minion as slowly as possible; but still to ensure that damage is inflicted. Special synergies aside, using it to attack 1 Attack minions will allow the player to make the most of its effect. If available, Health-increasing and healing effects will be very useful for extending its usefulness, with Rampage probably being the simplest and best choice available to a Warrior.
When countering this card, try to remove it in a single attack, or better still using a Destroy or Transform effect, or simply Silence it. It may be worth biting the bullet and removing it as early as possible, before the controlling player can activate its effect multiple times.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Ready to fling!
- Stop movin'!
Lore[edit | edit source]
In Hearthstone[edit | edit source]
- Strong, stubborn, and stalwart, the heat of Blackrock Depths has forged the Dark Iron Dwarves into singe-proof juggernauts. Able to take an immense amount of punishment, many of the minions that inhabit Blackrock Depths can both dish out their fair share of pain, or turn inflicted damage into impressive beneficial effects.
Voice[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.12411 (2015-03-31): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Hearthside Chat: Upcoming Arena Changes with Dean Ayala. (2016-09-08).
- Blackrock Mountain – Delving into Blackrock Depths. (2015-03-10).