We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
Awaken the Makers
|Set:||Journey to Un'Goro|
|Tags:||Deathrattle-related, Taunt-generating, Triggered effect|
Quest: Summon 7 Deathrattle minions.
Reward: Amara, Warden of Hope.
They keep hitting the Snooze button.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Awaken the Makers||1600||400|
|Golden Awaken the Makers||3200||1600|
Generated cards[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Because this quest requires the summoning of seven minions (rather than playing them from your hand), effects that put minions into play or resurrect fallen minions count towards the quest's progression.
- Amara's Battlecry sets both the current and maximum Health of the player's hero to 40.
- According to Ben Brode, Amara's Battlecry "works like Alexstrasza".
- The Battlecry therefore bypasses any Armor. Armor possessed by the target hero will not change, and will not result in a final life total other than 40.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Awaken the Makers is a rather peculiar quest because unlike the other ones, its reward does not generate any tempo or any value, but only health. As such, Amara is only useful if you have already taken some damage. Because of the nature of deathrattle-minions, this is likely to be the case; if not then you can choose to hold on to Amara until your Health drops too low.
Most cards with deathrattle lend themselves to a playstyle that prioritizes card value over tempo, grinding out your opponent in a war of attrition. Your quest reward does not need to generate any value because your minions already do that. Instead, Awaken the Makers compensates for its deck's weakness: Many deathrattle-minions are rather slow, allowing your enemy to rush past you and deal 30 damage before you have a chance to stabilize the board. By increasing that number to at least 40, Amara provides you with one precious resource: Time. With your longer survivability, even the slowest of value-cards like Barnes, Spiritsinger Umbra, Cairne Bloodhoof, Herald Volazj and N'Zoth, the Corruptor can work their magic.
While Awaken the Makers is always useful against aggressive decks (i.e. many decks), its strongest feature is its ability to make other cards shine. Its true potential is only unlocked by the minions mentioned above, meaning that if you want to make optimal use of it, you may need to craft a large number of legendary cards.
Note that Amara's effect will still trigger even if your hero is currently Lord Jaraxxus (acquired through Thoughtsteal, Mind Vision, etc.) or Ragnaros the Firelord (as a result of Majordomo Executus). Since both of these heroes' ultra-powerful Hero Powers are intended to be balanced by their low health scores, playing Amara with either hero in play is a brutally powerful and generally game-winning combination.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Titanic watchers (or simply watchers or sentinels) are the first generation of titan-forged. Most of them would later be tasked with the protection of specific places. The titan-forged were divided into the aesir, made of metal and masters of storms, and the vanir, made of stone and masters of earth. A few are also made of ivory. After they destroyed the Black Empire, they participated in the ordering of Azeroth along with their brethren.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Amāra" means "immortal" or "deathless" in Sanskrit.
- There was a bug that caused playing Amara with Auchenai Soulpriest or Embrace the Shadow to destroy her hero. Like Alexstrasza, Amara's card text says "set" Health and not "restore" Health, and therefore shouldn't have any interaction with cards that convert healing into damage. This issue was fixed with Patch 18.104.22.16806, and she now correctly sets the hero's health to 40. 
- It appears that the reason for this bug was that Amara would first set the hero's health to 40, and then heal for 40. Because of this, if the player had a Bolf Ramshield, they will take no damage, because Bolf would intercept the 40 damage. The current Health would remain the same, while the maximum Health would increase to 40.
- There was also a bug that caused Amara to deal damage to a Ragnaros hero after Ragnaros' Health is raised from 8 to 15 by Alexstrasza. . This bug was fixed in the same patch.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.12436 (2017-04-04) Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Yong Woo on Twitter. (2017-02-28).
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2017-03-02).
- HysteriA (2017-04-06). Hearthstone Mythbusters 30 - UNGORO SPECIAL.
- HysteriA (2017-04-16). Hearthstone Mythbusters 32.