Avozu the Hunter will stop at nothing until his prey is subdued.
Avozu is a boss that can be encountered initially in Chapter 1 of Tombs of Terror. After completing Chapter 1, this boss encounter will be available in any completed chapter.
Hero Power[edit | edit source]
Deck[edit | edit source]
The below classes are listed purely for reference, and have no effect on the boss' use of the cards during the battle.
|Desert Spear||2||Crackling Razormaw||2|
|Hunter's Pack||2||Kindly Grandmother||2|
|Kill Command||2||Scavenging Hyena||2|
|Exploding Bloatbat||2||Animal Companion||2|
|Infested Wolf||2||Hunter's Pack||2|
|Savannah Highmane||2||Kill Command||2|
|Swarm of Locusts||2||Master's Call||2|
|Unleash the Beast||2||Infested Wolf||2|
|Wild Bloodstinger||2||Savannah Highmane||2|
|Gladiator's Longbow||1||Unleash the Beast||2|
|Neutral||Kobold Sandtrooper||2||Wild Bloodstinger||2|
|Anubisath Sentinel||2||Call of the Wild||2|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Boss always tries to increase a hero power's damage by not killing minions with it.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Avozu has the weakest hero power among the bosses of 7th level. Even though it's likely will kill a minion, overall this doesn't allow to fully control the board, and its consequences can be avoided or reduced by First Aid Kit, Captured Flag, Titanic Ring or trades with enemy minions. Also, it's fully neutralized by Cloak of Invisibility passive, which will allow to defeat Avozu even with swarm deck with a lot of weak minions. However, aggro decks without Cloak of Invisibility can still easily lose in this battle due to the advantage in boss' starting mana and the presence of not only small minions in a deck.
Normal deck is budget and slow deathrattle hunter with a small number of swarm and big beasts to bolster on the table. Despite the fact that there are only two deathrattle activators (Feign Death) and there is almost no synergy between minions, it is better not to leave the enemy board and carefully trade with any minion that Avozu plays, since it is difficult to safely rush into face due to the large amount of health at this level.
Heroic deck is a good likeness of Midrange Hunter with several synergies between the beasts, so it is still desirable to have a good board to immediately eliminate the boss' minions and not let him fight back by the hero power. Therefore, in addition to the Cloak of Invisibily and First Aid Kit, Glyph of Warding and Rocket Backpacks will perform well here.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
- Stay quiet. I'm hunting something.
- Reno Jackson / Sir Finley / Elise Starseeker / Brann Bronzebeard
- A human.
- A murloc.
- A night elf.
- A dwarf.
- Displays of fear only enhance the chase.
- A test between predator and prey...
- Every creature has vulnerabilities.
- What doesn't kill it makes me stronger.
- What will this reveal?
- I hunt the most dangerous game. Also: murlocs.
- I talk to myself a lot. Talking to the prey is just weird.
- Usually I hunt beasts, but I am open-minded.
- Desert Spear
- A well placed spear should do it...
- Hunter's Pack
- Everything a hunter needs.
- Kill Command
- Destroy our quarry.
- Wasteland Scorpid
- My favorite pet...
- Another successful hunt.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Avozu is original to Hearthstone. He is a Tol'vir.
- The tol'vir are a race of feline humanoids found in Uldum. They were originally stone constructs created by the titans to maintain lore repositories and machinery surrounding that area, as well as the city of Ulduar. They possess feline lower bodies and heads as well as human torsos, and are divided into three distinct tribes: the Ramkahen, the Neferset and the Orsis. Like many other titan-forged, the tol'vir succumbed to the Curse of Flesh, though the Neferset later regained their stone forms due to a pact with Siamat.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.11717 (2019-09-10): Added.
|Tombs of Terror|
The Lost City
Halls of Origination
The Inner Sanctum