We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
|Set:||The Grand Tournament|
|Abilities:||Modify cost, Set attribute|
Your minions cost (1).
Call her "Tweety". She'll find it real funny. I PROMISE.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This card's ongoing effect sets the mana cost of all minion cards in its controller's hand to 1, regardless of the original mana cost of those cards. This includes 0-Cost minions (such as Wisp and Target Dummy), which will thus have their mana cost increased from 0 to 1.
- This card's effect follows the general rule that multiple cost modifications take effect in order of play: for additional details, see Mana cost.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This card has possible (if obvious) synergy with Innervate, in the event you have drawn them at the end of the game, when they are not that useful besides combo/double combo decks. Innervate will be more applicable in control-oriented druid decks even in the late game, due to Aviana's ability. Synergy with Emperor Thaurissan, especially as Emperor already sees play in druid decks; excellent synergy with big Taunts and Kel'Thuzad.
One of the combos you can pull is an OTK with Aviana, Malygos, Innervate, 2x Faceless Manipulator and 2x Moonfire for a whooping 32 damage in a single turn, usually enough to end the game. However, this requires a perfect hand, and since Aviana is a soft taunt, she will probably not last another turn if you are missing one of the cards.
Another combo is with Kun the Forgotten King, which can be played on the same turn as Aviana for only 1 mana, and will then restore 10 mana. This enables all of the combos mentioned above without relying on Innervate. Another possible combo is to play Aviana, Kun, Brann and C'Thun on the same turn.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- My winged children fill the skies.
- These talons will be your end.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Aviana is a winged demigoddess and mistress of the Mother Tree, G'Hanir. She was killed in the War of the Ancients but was resurrected during Ragnaros' siege on Mount Hyjal.
- Swift and ruthless, Aviana personifies the capricious nature of the winds, and her children are no different.
- Ten thousand years after her death, Deathwing the Destroyer returned to Azeroth from Deepholme. Under his command the fire elementals of Ragnaros marched upon Mount Hyjal, to make way for the Firelord himself to set fire to the World Tree Nordrassil. During their siege adventurers were called from across Azeroth to assist in the mountain's defense. One of the tasks assigned to them was to assist in the resurrection of the demigods, one of whom was Aviana. Besides resurrecting her, Adventurers were also assigned to destroy her fallen children, the harpies, who were attacking their mother's shrine. When all was done however the mighty Demigod of the Sky was reborn and Aviana returned to the world to help repel the invading Fire Elementals and to send Ragnaros back to the Firelands.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "War of the Ancients" series, for the card Child of Aviana.