From Hearthstone Wiki
The auto-cast ability is indicated by a special ongoing visual effect around the Hero Power. The ability is sometimes also stated in the text of the Hero Power itself, but this is not necessary to benefit from the effect.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Auto-cast Hero Powers activate at the start of each turn, following any 'start of turn' triggered effects. There are some exceptions, such as Brood Affliction, which is auto-cast but specifically activates at the end of the turn.
- Auto-cast Hero Powers activate automatically, but can be prevented by certain factors:
- Some auto-cast Hero Powers are affected by the state of the battlefield, and the right conditions can prevent their use.
- Auto-cast Hero Powers are frequently 0-mana, but for Hero Powers with mana costs, the mana must be paid before the Hero Power will activate. If the hero does not have enough mana to use the Hero Power, it will not activate.
- With planning, auto-cast Hero Powers can often be used against the boss, by turning their effect to the player's advantage. Because these Hero Powers take effect automatically, the boss is not able to choose the best time to make use of the effect, or to forgo using it on any given turn. Auto-cast Hero Powers also cannot be targeted. Auto-cast Hero Powers are used whenever possible, even if that leaves the hero with no mana for the rest of the turn.
Examples[edit | edit source]
|By minion type|
|By effect type|
|By card set|