|Set:||Ashes of Outland|
|Abilities:||Deathrattle, Generate, Shuffle into deck, Spell Damage|
|Tags:||Demon-generating, Spell Damage-generating|
Spell Damage +1
Deathrattle: Shuffle 'Solarian Prime' into your deck.
Loyal to Kael'thas Sunstrider, this blood elf mage sought arcane power in the Void. Did she find it... or did IT find her?
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Astromancer Solarian||3200||1600|
Generated cards[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Solarian Prime's spells will not target Elusive minions.
- Solarian Prime will continue casting spells even if she destroys herself or the opponent's hero.
- If Solarian Prime casts Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron, it will work as usual, and the spells cast by the Puzzle Box will be able to target allies when targeting enemies is possible, as they are not cast directly by Solarian Prime.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
The base body of a 3/2 with Spell Damage is already reasonable. This is equivalent to Cult Sorcerer, a card that was played in Tempo Mage even without C'Thun. However, the reward of Solarian Prime makes this card far more valuable as both a strong early and lategame play.
Despite the relatively controlled chaos when compared to Yogg-Saron and Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron, Solarian Prime should still be played with the same caution as those cards. In general, it's much better to play Solarian Prime when behind on the board rather than ahead, especially since Mage spells will typically include Freeze and destruction effects. However, she is relatively safe to play while even on the board, unlike the more random Yogg cards.
You can also play Solarian Prime for surprise lethals, by playing her on the board while your opponent controls no minions, forcing all eligible spells to target their hero. This can backfire however, since minion-restricted spells will instead be forced to target your board. This makes Solarian lethals better as a last-ditch attempt than a primary deck strategy.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- I will crush your delusions of grandeur.
- Enough of this!
- I feel it!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- High Astromancer Solarian is the third boss of the Eye in Tempest Keep. She is a level ?? (boss) mage, but is attired in Voidheart Raiment, the Tier 4 armor for warlocks (most likely due to the fact that she transforms into a giant Voidwalker towards the end of her fight.)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 18.104.22.168160 (2020-10-22): Solarian Prime now costs 9 mana (up from 7).
- Patch 22.214.171.124222 (2020-03-26): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Johnny V (2020-05-07). Hearthstone - Luckiest Solarian Prime Ever. YouTube. Retrieved on 2020-05-20.