|Artist:||Zoltan & Gabor|
"I solemnly swear to uphold the Light, purge the world of darkness, and to eat only burritos." - The Argent Dawn Oath
Other versions[edit | edit source]
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Argent Squire||400||50|
Core set[edit | edit source]
Two copies of golden Argent Squire (Core) are obtained for winning 500 games across all classes.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Argent Squire's low mana cost and Divine Shield generally allow you to deal 2 damage for 1 mana, potentially killing 2 separate 1 hp minions in the early game. If played on turn 1 or 2, it is almost guaranteed to survive to the next turn, so one can plan to buff an Argent Squire reliably.
As a very cheap Divine Shield minion, it lets them easily take advantage of Divine Shield synergy effects like Rallying Blade. It takes advantage of buffs well, whether from active buffs like Blessing of Kings or hand-buffing effects like Smuggler's Run.
If you are playing a deck that makes use of Blood Knight, this card can potentially act as a +3/+3 buff for only 1 mana, leaving you with a 1/1 minion as a bonus.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- The Light protects me.
- I fight!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- This item summons an Argent Squire which can carry the banner for any faction that the player has earned the right to Champion. When becoming champion of all races, you will be able to buy a mini horse for the squire, which will reward you with an achievement, and which will enable your squire to go to the shop, mailbox, or the bank for you, with a 4 hour cooldown. Handy for when you're in a dungeon and need materials for spells, or if you forgot that quest item in the bank.
- The design for the squire, including an overstuffed backpack and a banner, may be an homage to the squires in the popular movie Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Wrathgate" series, for the card Sarina the Immaculate.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Forged in the Barrens patch (Not yet implemented, planned April, 2021): Moved from the Classic set into the Legacy set.
- Unknown alpha patch: New art added.