Today, 9/19, is the 6th Anniversary of Gamepedia's launch. Join us for an all-day Mega Stream on the Gamepedia Twitch channel! In addition, all users who log in during the anniversary week will receive a special achievement.
|Abilities:||Charge, Divine Shield|
The Argent Dawn stands vigilant against the Scourge, as well as people who cut in line at coffee shops.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Argent Commander can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Argent Commander can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Golden Argent Commander||800||100|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This is one of two 6 mana minions with charge available, the other being Reckless Rocketeer. This leaves you with the choice between 1 more Attack or Divine Shield. In most cases you should opt for the Argent Commander since he basically gives you a free Attack into anything, regardless of its damage potential, and lets you deal quickly with, for example, high-damage Taunt minions.
Being able to deal a free Shadow Bolt in damage and still having a 4/2 minion all for one card is very good value for six mana.
Argent Horserider is a cheaper version of this card.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- To Northrend!
- Victory or death!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- The Argent Crusade is an order of holy warriors formed from the union of the Reformed Order of the Silver Hand and the Argent Dawn. Led by the paladin Tirion Fordring, the Argent Crusade was a major contributor to the successful campaign in Northrend that toppled the Lich King.
- According to the quest Tirion's Help, Tirion Fordring handpicked every member in the Argent Crusade in order to avoid infiltration by the Cult of the Damned. This was presumably to prevent a repeat of the Inigo Montoy incident, which resulted in Naxxramas returning to Northrend and Kel'Thuzad regaining corporeal form.
- Argent Commanders can be found guarding the Frozen Halls of Icecrown Citadel alongside Ebon Blade Commanders.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Drums of War" series, for the card Grand Marshal Goldensword.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 18.104.22.16817 (2013-12-10): Is now a 4/2 (was a 4/3).
- Previously: Charge, Divine Shield. [4 attack, 3 health, 6 mana, Rare]