No… actually you should fear the Reaper.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Two copies of Arcanite Reaper are a reward for raising a warrior to level 10.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Arcanite Reaper is a strong mid-game card, useful to either take out large enemy minions or simply swing at the hero.
Arcanite Reaper is often used in aggressive warrior decks because it deals 10 damage for 5 mana, half the cost of the mage's Pyroblast, although it cannot ignore Taunt. By immediately attacking with the Arcanite Reaper, followed the next turn with a second attack improved by Heroic Strike and the summoning of Leeroy Jenkins, a warrior can deal 20 damage in 2 turns, which is often enough to finish off the opponent when running this type of deck.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- The weapon remains something of an endearing symbol for veteran warriors since, due to weapon mechanics at the time, the axe's incredible attack speed made attacks such as Mortal Strike incredibly powerful. This led to the warrior class becoming, at level 60, much more adept at PvP. This is something that many warriors had been hoping for since release and the "awesome changes" in the beta and reversed the feeling by many that warriors had been left at the bottom of the PvP food chain. Soon after the Arcanite Reaper's popularization, many servers' low warrior-population reportedly surged. Before Windfury was nerfed and two handed weapon mechanics rebalanced, shamans were occasionally able to "one-shot" equal level players with inferior gear by utilizing the Arcanite Reaper and Windfury Weapon proc.
- Arcanite Reaper gained additional fame from the machinima movie, "Zinwrath: The Movie", where the famous saying "ARCANITE REAPER HOOOOOOOOOOO" originated, and gained further recognition from the machinima movie "Illegal Danish: Super Snacks".
- Also the Arcanite Reaper is the favored weapon by the warlock minion Felguard.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Heroes of Azeroth" series, for the card Arcanite Reaper.
- The flavor text is a pun on the 1976 rock song, "Don't Fear the Reaper" by Blue Öyster Cult.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.1136 (2017-04-04) Rarity changed from Common to Free.
- Unknown alpha patch: Cost reduced to 5, from 6. Attack reduced to 5, from 6.