|Set:||The Grand Tournament|
|Tags:||Spell Damage-related, Targeted|
Deal 2 damage to a minion. This spell gets double bonus from Spell Damage.
Now with 100% more blast!
- For the removed card, see Arcane Blast (removed).
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Arcane Blast||1600||400|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This card deals damage equal to
2 + (Spell Damage bonus x 2). For example, with Spell Damage + 1 this card will deal (2 + (1 x 2)) = 4 damage; with Spell Damage +5 it will deal (2 + (5 x 2)) = 12 damage.
- Additive bonuses like Spell Damage are counted before multiplicative ones like Prophet Velen: thus, for example, with Spell Damage +3 and a Prophet Velen in play, this spell will deal ((2 + (3 x 2)) x 2) = 14 damage.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This card synergises very well with cards that have or give Spell Damage, like Malygos and Ancient Mage. Even without Spell Damage synergy, it is essentially identical to Holy Smite and Arcane Shot (although it's unable to target the enemy hero), making it an effective removal for weak minions.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- "Each blast of arcane power strikes its target more quickly than the last."
Arcane Blast is an arcane mage ability from World of Warcraft. In WoW, each successive blast deals more damage than the last. This is likely represented by the card's effect; scaling its damage faster than other spells.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This card and Master of Ceremonies were the first Spell Damage-synergy cards to be added to the game.
- Another card of the same name was removed during the game's alpha, some time prior to June 2013. The former Arcane Blast was a 1 mana mage spell with the text "Deal 1 damage. Draw a card."
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 184.108.40.20686 (2015-08-18): Added.