2016[edit | edit source]
- We’re pleased to unveil the next epic game from Blizzard Entertainment—Hearthstone: The MMO!
World of Warcraft - Legion Alpha - Patch Note Preview[edit | edit source]
- The /laugh voiceover audio for all races has been replaced with a recording of Ben Brode. Including the Gnome Female. Especially the Gnome Female.
- To celebrate the launch of the exciting new Hearthstone MMO, we’ve added several brand-new characters and locations to World of Warcraft based on Hearthstone, such as:
Fansites[edit | edit source]
- The Hearthstone beta is now officially over and all accounts desiring to continue playing must pay a monthly subscription fee of $14.99.
- The matchmaking experience has been improved greatly. Attempting to enter ranked mode with a Secret Paladin deck immediately places the player at Legend rank.
- All packs have been removed from the Store.
- Developer Note: We've listened to complaints about some packs being removed from the store, and have removed all packs from the store in order to maintain a fair environment.
- Card art for 43 different cards was swapped out in the database. All the art can be found below with all artists credited beneath their card. Can you figure out all the art changes?
- Hearthstone Wiki
Inspired by Hearthpwn's efforts, a special site-wide notice was added announcing: "With the arrival of Patch 40116, numerous cards have had their art updated to more fully fit the original vision for the card. We are currently in the process of uploading the new art to the wiki, which should take around a day to complete. We would like to apologise in advance for any disruption this may cause, and assure readers that normal service will resume shortly."
"Updated" artwork for most of the featured cards was added, along with a return of the original card art for Acidic Swamp Ooze.
- The Hearthstone subreddit was given an overhaul for the day, with excited duelists, trap cards, Exodia, and Kuriboh. The archived link above preserves the renovations.
- Drowning or becoming snake people. Those were the choices Lady Vashj and her people was given as they slowly sunk to the bottom of the sea. As it turns out, going from "Chief among Queen Azshara's handmaidens" to "Serpentine Naga" is a good thing if you are evil (gaining 6 arms and snake hair is also a bonus). Well, that's what you get when the Old Gods corrupt your race. But Lady Vashj doesn't mind, beauty comes from the inside after all, and now she joins up with Illidan to show everyone how dark the sea can really be.
- We've previously noted the similarities between the Darkmoon Faire and Old Gods. Each time we see the Whispers of the Old Gods logo with the blinking eyeballs, it makes us think of the Darkmoon Faire sign.
- Our suspicions were correct; tragedy strikes the Darkmoon Faire sign, which breaks and no longer can blink. The quest [It's a Sign] humorously implies that the Old Gods are sponsoring the Darkmoon Faire.
2015[edit | edit source]
April 1st 2015 saw an official Hearthstone Fools in the form of patch notes for Patch 126.96.36.1995, and a multi-game Blizzard featuring several games including Hearthstone.
- The following card back has been added:
- Classic Card Back: Remastered—We’ve re-visited the Classic Hearthstone card back and have given it a painstaking HD update. Acquire the new card back by reaching Rank 20 during the Ranked Play season.
- We’ve implemented a new card type, Ninjas, which ALWAYS beat Pirate cards!
- We’ve added a new feature called Harrison Jones’ Museum! Accessing it will allow you to gaze proudly upon all the weapons you’ve put in the museum, where they belong.
- Mistress of Pain has turned over a new leaf and is now called Mistress of Uncomfortableness.
- Crush has been renamed to Big Gross Demon Foot.
- Card packs can now be opened by blowing gently on the screen.
- Alexstrasza will no longer say anything upon being played because she’s tired of being misunderstood.
- Cogmaster no longer spits, because let’s be honest, that’s pretty gross.
- Leeroy Jenkins will now whisper his name upon being played in accordance with mandatory workplace etiquette classes.
- Sludge Belcher has taken some antacids and now feels great!
- Upon playing Unleash the Hounds, players will be taken to a menu that allows them to choose the exact breed of their hounds—with over 100 options!
- Snowchugger is now an 8/8 because it’s too cute and people are not taking it seriously enough.
- After many bouts with brain freeze, Snowchugger now eats snow at a more reasonable rate.
- Annoy-o-Tron now says “GOODBYE, GOODBYE, GOODBYE” upon being slain.
- Sorcerer's Apprentice has graduated to Sorcerer’s Adept. All those long hours hitting the books finally paid off!
- A Lost Tallstrider has been found. If it’s yours, please visit lost and found to claim it.
- Recycle now provides the Responsible Citizen buff to Malfurion when cast.
- After sensitivity training, Ancient of Lore, Ancient of War, and Ancient Mage will now be known as Senior Citizen of Lore, Senior Citizen of War, and Harold respectively.
- Savage Roar now also turns off squelch and removes the cooldown on emotes.
- Naturalize now causes Zombie Chow and Poison Seeds to be all-natural, vegan, and gluten free.
- Hunter's Mark has been renamed Hunter’s George.
- Mark of the Wild has been renamed George of the Wild.
- Mark of Nature has been renamed George of Nature.
- We like George more than Mark. Mark still owes us $20.
- The spell Blizzard now causes enemy minions to attack Soon™.
- A new Hearthstone mini-series was in the works titled “Portrait: The Last Spellbender,” but everything changed when the Fireball attacked.
- To make things more convenient, Tirion Fordring will now silence himself when summoned.
- Circle of Healing has been renamed Oval of Healing upon discovery that Hearthstone boards are not circular.
- Fixed a bug with Thoughtsteal where playing it would sometimes fail to steal your opponent’s best cards.
- Two new Shaman spell cards have been added—Snap and Pop.
- Armorsmith has finally finished that chest plate she’s been working on this whole time. Whew!
- Pirates will now always beat the new Ninja sub-type, because Pirates are obviously better.
- Leper Gnome now feels better, and will be known simply as Gnome. He would however still like to receive big hugs, please.
- Several cards have completed their anger management training, have been renamed accordingly:
- Azure Drake has been renamed Blue Drake because no one says “Azure” correctly.
- Blade Flurry has been renamed Blade Furry, and now equips the Rogue with a 1/5 Kitten.
- We’ve fixed a bug with Animal Companion that sometimes caused the spell to not summon Huffer.
- Snake Trap has been renamed Pug Trap and now summons 3 very excited 1/1 Pugs that wheeze very loudly.
- Playing Feign Death after playing Unleash the Hounds will now result in good dogs. Yes they are! They are such good dogs.
- Call Pet card text now reads, “Hello, this is dog.”
- Fixed an error where Skill Command was incorrectly named Kill Command. The Hunter spell will now correctly do damage based on the caster’s skill at Hearthstone.
- Anima Golem is now correctly named Animal Golem, and has been changed to a Hunter card with the following text:
- Deathrattle: Summon a 1/1 kitten for each enemy minion. It was made of KITTENS! How could you?
- After reading so much community feedback about Wisp value, the cost of Wisps has been raised to 2 mana.
Navigating the social pitfalls of online gaming can be a challenge. How do you voice your opinion without stepping on your opponent’s toes, or keep up with witty emote exchanges if you’re trying to concentrate on your minion count? If these are the kind of things that keep you awake at night, we have the solution. Today, we are proud to present you with a new way to enhance your Blizzard gaming experience: B’Motes!
With a staggering variety of brand-new emotes and expressions as well as an Automated Chat Optimization Overlay (AChOO*), you can finally sound just as epic as the heroes you play. To get the full run-down of how B’Motes will take your social online experience to the next level, visit the official B’Motes page now!
Fansites[edit | edit source]
- If you don't want to pay to communicate with your opponents with B'Motes, and want the ability to say whatever you want, Curse Voice has you covered!
2014[edit | edit source]
On April 1st 2014, Hearthstone witnessed its first April Fool's Day. This year did not see any substantial Hearthstone Fools from Blizzard, but did see some offerings from fansites.
Official[edit | edit source]
- World of Warcraft official site
- Hearthstone was briefly mentioned in the Warlords of Draenor - 6.0 Patch Note Preview
- "To prevent confusion over whether you’re playing a card game or returning to town, the Hearthstone will now be called a Homerock."
Fansites[edit | edit source]
- In addition to all the rewards that Blizzard is giving out to players, we've decided we'd also like to get in on the action. For today only, if you play one match of Hearthstone, and show us a screenshot of you rofl-stomping your opponent in the comments of this post, we will give you the best that downloadable content has to offer; a Golden Basic Campfire! Act now, it's a very limited time offer! Limit one Golden Basic Campfire per awesome person per promotion. Giveaway is not valid to those who have an active Hearthstone account.
- Senior game designer Ben Brode was featured in reddit.com's /hearthstone channel's "Ben Brode day" celebrations. All poster icons were replaced with a picture of Ben Brode, while the up and down-vote icons were replaced with alternately inverted images of his head. In the top-left corner of the screen a small figure boasting an oversized copy of the same image of Ben Brode's head greeted readers with the salutation "Brodies!" when moused over. Top comment apparently belonged to none other than Brode himself, posting shortly after midnight with the simple message "WHAT IS HAPPENING".