|Abilities:||Deathrattle, Return to hand|
Deathrattle: Return a random friendly minion to your hand.
Originally he was called "Anub'ar Guy who bounces a guy back to your hand", but it lacked a certain zing.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Anub'ar Ambusher||400||50|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Anub'ar Ambusher cannot return mortally wounded (0 or less Health) minions to the hand.
- Anub'ar Ambusher, when combined with Feign Death, can return itself to the hand.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
While the player is unable to choose which minion is returned by the Ambusher's Deathrattle, its randomness can be limited by reducing the number of other minions on the board. For example, playing a single other minion before then sending the Ambusher to its death will guarantee the second minion will be the target of the Ambusher's Deathrattle.
This card's Deathrattle can be very useful in combination with minions with powerful Battlecries, or in order to remove enchantments or cancel damage. However, unlike Shadowstep the player must pay the full price to resummon the returned minion.
Without careful planning, this minion's Deathrattle could easily turn to the player's disadvantage. Opponents may choose to destroy the Ambusher in order to force one of their minions to be returned. If this returns a powerful or costly minion, this could strongly disadvantage the controlling player. Always consider carefully order of attack before taking any action which will cause the death of the Ambusher.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- The Anub'ar are a group of undead nerubians, located around Icemist Village and within Azjol-Nerub. The Anub'ar are likely named after and led by Anub'arak, as "Anub'ar" is the first six letters of his name and all the undead nerubians around him have this title. They are named similarly to the Nerub'ar, but it is unknown which came first.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Icecrown" series, for the card Azjol-anak Deathwatcher.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 126.96.36.19957 (2017-08-08): No longer shows a Poisonous Keyword on mouse-over.
- Patch 188.8.131.5224 (2014-07-22): Added.