|Set:||The League of Explorers|
|Tags:||Damage-related, Triggered effect|
Your hero can only take 1 damage at a time.
Try putting it on. Wait, let me get my camera.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Animated Armor||800||100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Bolf Ramshield, Ice Block and Animated Armor are all predamage triggers. When your hero takes damage, they all trigger in priority/play order before the damage is taken: Animated Armor, having an early priority, always triggers first.
- If Animated Armor and Ice Block are played together, Animated Armor will reduce damage to 1 before Ice Block checks if the damage is fatal.
- If Animated Armor and Bolf Ramshield are played together, Animated Armor will always reduce the damage to 1 before Bolf Ramshield intercepts it.
- Animated Armor usually does not trigger if you take 1 damage, but Cursed Blade's effect doubles the reported damage to 2 and thus Animated Armor will trigger for no effect in this scenario. For example, if you have Cursed Blade equipped and multiple Animated Armors in play when an enemy 1-Attack minion attacks you, all Animated Armors will trigger but you will still take 2 damage.
- Animated Armor still triggers even if your hero is mortally wounded (0 or less Health).
- While the visual effect of Animated Armor does not appear until the current Phase resolves, Animated Armor is really a trigger, and can reduce oncoming damage from the moment it enters play.
- For additional details, see Damage#Advanced rules.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Animated Armor is one of the strongest examples of a soft Taunt in the game, as it is almost impossible to effectively harm its controller as long as it is alive (and not silenced). It is particularly effective against OTK combos which rely on dealing single large bursts of damage to the face to win (such as Oil Rogue), forcing the opponent to disrupt or delay their combo to remove the Armor first.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Like the Fossilized Devilsaur, this suit of armor was an exhibit in the Hall of Explorers, having been collected by the League of Explorers. It was later brought to life by Arch-Thief Rafaam using the Staff of Origination to serve as a distraction while he attempted to ransack the Hall, featuring as The Steel Sentinel. The Sentinel's Hero Power grants the same power as this minion, with the Heroic version also granting it to the Sentinel's minions.
The armor itself once belonged to Anduin Lothar, after whom Anduin Wrynn was named by his father Varian. The armor's shield bears the emblem of Lordaeron, a fallen human kingdom in the north of the Eastern Kingdoms currently contested between the Forsaken, the Alliance, the Argent Crusade, the Scarlet Crusade, and the remnants of the Scourge.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- An earlier version of this minion was a 4/1/1 with the card text "Taunt Battlecry: Copy a friendly minion's Attack and Health." That effect seems to have been remade into Faceless Shambler.
- Animated Armor was originally a neutral card, but according to Ben Brode, "it is NO FUN with Master of Disguise."
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.1133 (2015-11-10): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqiZAHscZCA Tested in Patch 18.104.22.16856 (2015-12-04)
- https://youtu.be/mSS1fI32J60 https://youtu.be/yhrw56me9Zo Tested in Patch 22.214.171.12430 (2016-06-01)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2u347CP19o Tested in Patch 126.96.36.19956 (2015-12-04)
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AV7TuRe6_o Tested in Patch 188.8.131.5256 (2015-12-04)
- Arch-Thief Rafaam#Dialogue - "A piece of Lothar’s Armor remained intact after your scrap."
- Data:Cards/zzDELETE? Animated Armor(27495)
- Reddit.com - Bolf should have had Animated Armor's card text. (2016-01-11).