Most card tables were converted early Thursday morning to run on a different wiki extension. (From Semantic MediaWiki to Cargo.)
Please report any problems you encounter with these tables to OOeyes.
Ancient of War
|Abilities:||Choose One, Increment attribute, Taunt|
Choose One - +5 Attack; or +5 Health and Taunt.
Young Night Elves love to play "Who can get the Ancient of War to Uproot?" You lose if you get crushed to death.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Ancient of War can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Ancient of War can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Ancient of War||400||100|
|Golden Ancient of War||1600||400|
Choose One cards[edit | edit source]
Note[edit | edit source]
- This minion's Choose One effects grant their benefits through enchantments. Silencing the Ancient will therefore result in a plain 5/5 minion.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Ancient of War's Choose One mechanic makes it a versatile defender and finisher alike. It is most commonly played as a defensive option, as the combination of Taunt, 10 Health and a respectable 5 Attack makes it a solid wall which can decimate an opponent's minions. Alternatively, an Ancient with 10 Attack can quickly end the game if not dealt with.
Note that as the Choose One mechanic is applied as a buff, Silence effects will remove them and return the Ancient to its base 5/5 state. It also means that if Ancient of War is re-summoned by Kel'Thuzad, the Ancient will simply come back as a 5/5 regardless of his original state before dying. Besides this vulnerability it is generally better than most other Taunts.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- One of the toughest types of ancient, ancients of war are mighty nature elementals often found defending night elf settlements such as Darnassus, or supporting Alliance forces in battle.
- Embodied in these ancient guardians are the spirits of courage and determination that are necessary to propel the will of the night elves. Calling upon the long forgotten energies of conflicts from ages past, these guardians provide a link to the brutal side of nature and the cycle of life and death that rules all creation.
- During the third war these ancients were in charge of training Archers and Huntresses and the assembling of Ballista and Glaive Throwers, as well as assisting in research regarding the abilities of those groups. In more recent times they have been called into action to aid the Alliance in battle-torn zones such as Alterac Valley and Ashran.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Drums of War" series, for the card Life of the Land.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Unknown pre-release patch: Card text changed from "Choose One - Ancient of War gets +5 Health and Taunt; or +5 Attack." to "Choose One - +5 Attack; or +5 Health and Taunt." Original footage can be seen here.