|Tags:||Positional effect, Spell Damage-granting|
Battlecry: Give adjacent minions Spell Damage +1.
Sometimes he forgets and just wanders into someone else's game.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Ancient Mage can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Ancient Mage can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Golden Ancient Mage||800||100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Minions buffed by Ancient Mage's Battlecry gain +1 Spell Damage as a permanent enchantment.
- Ancient Mage's enchantment stacks with other sources of Spell Damage.
Fixed bugs[edit | edit source]
- Starting in Patch 18.104.22.16851, stealing an enemy Ancient Mage-buffed minion would not transfer the Spell Damage to the new controller. This bug was fixed in Patch 22.214.171.12474 (WotOG patch).
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Ancient Mage's combat stats of 2/5 are low for its mana cost of 4, but its ability is potentially powerful. By placing Ancient Mage in between two other minions, you can gain 2 Spell Damage. Ancient Mage is an excellent tool for decks consisting of many damaging spells.
Ancient Mage's Battlecry grants an enchantment to the two adjacent minions. Unlike ongoing effect minions like Dire Wolf Alpha, the enchantments are permanent and will not be re-placed by repositioning minions. The enchantment will stack with any existing Spell Damage on the buffed minions.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Sometimes, I forget things.
- Where am I?
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Through the Dark Portal" series, for the card Belt of the Archmage.
- This card's art specifically depicts Ansirem Runeweaver.
- From Wowpedia:
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Alpha patch (unknown date, pre-May 2013): Text changed from "Battlecry: Give all of your minions Spell Power +1." to "Battlecry: Give adjacent minions Spell Power +1."