|Set:||Whispers of the Old Gods|
|Abilities:||Put into hand|
|Tags:||Cost-related, Random, Triggered effect|
At the start of your turn, put a 10-Cost minion from your deck into your hand.
"honey, can u run down to the store and pick up some 10 cost minions? thx"
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Ancient Harbinger||1600||400|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This card's triggered effect randomly selects a minion card with a base mana cost of 10 from his controller's deck and puts it into the player's hand. In particular:
- This card's effect only checks the base mana cost of cards in the player's deck, regardless of cost-modifying effects that are attached to the card (such as through Renounce Darkness) or that will affect the card once in the player's hand (such as Molten Giant or Mana Wraith).
- Like all put into hand effects, this card's effect is random and the selected card is not revealed to the opponent.
- If the player's unused deck contains no 10-Cost minions, this card's effect triggers but does nothing.
- Since hero cards are not minions, this card does not pull them into your hand.
- Differently from most put into hand effects, with Patch 7.1 Ancient Harbinger continues not to interact with on-draw triggers such as Chromaggus.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This card has a very limited range of eligible cards, and a clear synergy with the Old Gods. It works especially well with C'Thun due to its key role in related decks, ensuring it doesn't remain at the bottom of the deck for the entire game. It also has synergy with Doomcaller, shuffling C'thun into your deck and allowing this to be useful even when drawn later in the game.. However, opponents may take advantage from knowing that a key minion like C'Thun is in your hand, giving them time to prepare a counter.
This card has low stats compared to basic minions like Boulderfist Ogre, and only has effect if it survives until your next turn while your deck contains a 10-cost minion. An idea is playing this in combination with, for instance, Conceal or Ancestral Spirit, to increase its chance of survival by making it harder to remove.
Fixed bugs[edit | edit source]
- Ancient Harbinger could fetch 10 mana cost spells, not just minions. This was hotfixed during Patch 22.214.171.12474 (WotOG patch).
Possible minions[edit | edit source]
The following table lists all collectible 10-Cost minions available in Standard format, representing the range of viable targets for this card's triggered effect.
|Name / Desc||Rarity||Type||Subtype||Class||Cost||Atk||HP||Description|
Taunt This is not the greatest card in the world. This is just a monument.
Deathrattle: Summon a 7/7 Felcracked Colossus with Taunt. Heap on heapin' on.
|Big Bad Archmage||Epic||Minion||General||Any||10||6||6|
At the end of your turn, summon a random 6-Cost minion. "My, my, what big minions I have!"
Costs (1) less whenever a friendly Demon dies while this is in your hand. Jumbo in size! Huge in E.V.I.L.!
Costs (1) less for each other minion on the battlefield. See? Giant.
|Colossus of the Moon||Legendary||Minion||General||Any||10||10||10|
Reborn Strike him down, and you'll face the Colossus of the New Moon.
Battlecry: Destroy all other minions and discard your hand. Once a noble dragon known as Neltharion, Deathwing lost his mind and shattered Azeroth before finally being defeated. Daddy issues?
Your first spell each turn costs (0).
Battlecry: Discover a spell. He was once the Aspect of Magic but gave it up to focus on cheap tricks.
Battlecry: For each spell in your hand, summon a random minion of the same Cost. When you're the king of the cats, the whole desert is your litterbox.
Battlecry: Restore both heroes to full Health. In another timeline, she was called Yeszari.
|The Boom Reaver||Legendary||Minion||Mech||Warrior||10||7||9|
Battlecry: Summon a copy of a minion in your deck. Give it Rush. "What's better than reaving? BOOM reaving!"
|Showing all 11 cards|
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Heed the call of C'Thun!
Lore[edit | edit source]
Given her capacity for summoning Old Gods from the depths of the player's deck, this harbinger may be in the service of the ancient horrors.
- Old Gods, like Y’Shaarj, enjoy arriving in terrifying style, and no one portends their ominous appearance quite like the Ancient Harbinger. This super cultist specializes in beckoning only the mightiest of Tavern denizens. Mere mortals must wait in line to join the party, but the Ancient Harbinger ensures that the Old Gods receive the VIP** treatment they deserve.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 126.96.36.19974 (2016-04-24): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- PlayHearthstone on Twitter. (2016-03-31).
- PlayHearthstone on Twitter. (2016-03-31).
- PlayHearthstone on Twitter. (2016-04-04).
- Whispers of the Old Gods – The Entourage of Y'Shaarj. (2016-03-31).