|Tags:||Deathrattle-granting, Resurrection effect, Targeted|
|Artist:||Zoltan & Gabor|
Give a minion "Deathrattle: Resummon this minion."
It was just a flesh wound.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Ancestral Spirit can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Regular Ancestral Spirit can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of a Ranked season, or as a first-time reward for first time reaching Silver 10 or Gold 10 in Ranked mode.
|Golden Ancestral Spirit||800||100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Deathrattle granted by this spell summons a fresh copy of the original minion following its death. Any damage, enchantments or silences affecting it before its destruction will not carry over to the new copy.
- Control of the the minion is not affected by Ancestral Spirit - the spell does not grant control of the resurrected minion to the casting player.
- The Deathrattle granted by this spell activates immediately after any Deathrattles the minion already had before Ancestral Spirit was cast. Consequently:
- The copy of the minion will not receive any damage that may be caused by the Deathrattles a minion like Abomination already had.
- If the minion already had a Deathrattle like Haunted Creeper's that summons one or more minions, and they fill up the board to 7 friendly minions, then Ancestral Spirit's Deathrattle will be wasted and no copy of the minion will be summoned.
- If a Deathrattle which was put into play before Ancestral Spirit places the minion into the player's hand or deck, the Ancestral Spirit Deathrattle will not trigger. Currently the only example of this is Malorne; an Ancestral Spirit will never trigger on a Malorne, since its innate Deathrattle will shuffle it into the deck, removing Ancestral Spirit before it can activate.
- The copy of the minion will be summoned at the location where the minion died, just as with Deathrattles like Harvest Golem's and Sludge Belcher's.
- If the minion already had a Deathrattle that summoned one or more minions at its location, the Ancestral Spirit copy of the minion will be summoned to the immediate left of those earlier Deathrattle-summoned minions.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Ancestral Spirit is a very versatile shaman card. It can be used on a minion with Deathrattle, such as Cairne Bloodhoof, to both make use of the Deathrattle and bring the minion back, so that the Deathrattle might be used again. It can also be used for keeping important Taunt minions in play to keep protections up, or to keep your heavy hitters from going down too easily, such as Dust Devil.
Keep in mind that Ancestral Spirit works by granting the target a Deathrattle, so the minion you play it on is still vulnerable to Silence or transform effects. Because of this, the card is best used just before the minion dies, either through trading with the opponent's board or through combos such as Reincarnate.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This card's flavor text is a reference to the Black Knight in the 1975 comedy film Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Through the Dark Portal" series, for the card Ancestral Spirit.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 18.104.22.16824 (2014-07-22): Now reads "Give a minion "Deathrattle: Resummon this minion."" instead of "Choose a minion. When that minion is destroyed, return it to the battlefield."
References[edit | edit source]
- Tested by User:jerodast on 2015-02-21: Cast Ancestral Spirit on an Explosive Sheep; when it died it dealt 2 damage to all other minions and then summoned a copy of itself that had no damage.
- Tested by User:jerodast on 2015-02-21: Cast Ancestral Spirit on a Haunted Creeper with 5 other minions on the board; when it died its 2 Spectral Spiders were summoned but no copy of the Creeper appeared.
- Tested by User:jerodast on 2015-02-21: In several repetitions of tests, Ancestral Spirit was cast on "sticky" minions including Nerubian Egg and Piloted Shredder, which were then killed. The copies of those minions always appeared to the left of the minions summoned by their regular Deathrattles.