We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|Abilities:||Restore Health, Taunt|
|Tags:||Health-related, Targeted, Taunt-granting|
Restore a minion to full Health and give it Taunt.
I personally prefer some non-ancestral right-the-heck-now healing, but maybe that is just me.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Two copies of Ancestral Healing are automatically included in all players' collections upon unlocking the shaman class.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This spell's healing effect works by attempting to heal the target for an amount equal to its maximum Health.
- When used in combination with Auchenai Soulpriest or Embrace the Shadow, this spell will deal damage to the target minion equal to its maximum Health, usually killing the minion.
- Ancestral Healing will no longer be offered for selection in Arena, since the 15th of September 2016. However, it is still obtainable in Arena matches through random effects, such as Spellslinger.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Ancestral Healing is a useful card to take advantage of early trading. Using this card on sturdier early-game minions, like Zombie Chow or Spider Tank, after a successful trade allows them to be restored to full health and give them the powerful Taunt ability. As a bonus, since Ancestral Healing costs no mana, you can create a tempo advantage by trading early, restoring the damaged minion to full health, and then also playing another minion to keep the pressure on your opponent.
Late game minions can also take advantage of a full heal from this card. High health minions like, Boulderfist Ogre, can take damage, be healed, and their new Taunt ability will force your opponent into using more damage or removal on a card that has already gotten value.
A rare strategy, Ancestral Healing can also be used to allow the player to attack an enemy minion that is shielded by Taunt minions. For example, if the opponent has an Ogre Brute and a Target Dummy, the player can use Ancestral Healing on the Ogre Brute, granting it Taunt and thus allowing the player to attack it. However, due to Ancestral Healing's healing effect, this is less desirable if the target is not already at full Health, or if the player is not able to defeat them in a single attack.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Ancestral Healing was a shaman talent in World of Warcraft that improved the shaman's healing abilities. It was removed with Mists of Pandaria. Communication with the ancestors is a central aspect of shamanism, also reflected in Ancestral Spirit.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Onyxia Treasure" series, for the card Natural Alignment.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.12440 (April or May 2013): Text changed from "Restore a minion to full Health" to "Restore a minion to full Health and give it Taunt".
References[edit | edit source]
- Hearthstone Mythbusters Ep.6. (2014-01-30).
- Hearthside Chat: Upcoming Arena Changes with Dean Ayala. (2016-09-08).