Amara, Warden of Hope
From Hearthstone Wiki
Amara, Warden of Hope
|Set:||Journey to Un'Goro|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Set attribute, Taunt|
Battlecry: Set your hero's Health to 40.
For more information, see Awaken the Makers.
Generated by[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
For more notes on Amara's effect, see Awaken the Makers#Notes.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- You are safe now.
- Be still!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Titanic watchers (or simply watchers or sentinels) are the first generation of titan-forged. Most of them would later be tasked with the protection of specific places. The titan-forged were divided into the aesir, made of metal and masters of storms, and the vanir, made of stone and masters of earth. A few are also made of ivory. After they destroyed the Black Empire, they participated in the ordering of Azeroth along with their brethren.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Amāra" means "immortal" or "deathless" in Sanskrit.
- There was a bug that caused playing Amara with Auchenai Soulpriest or Embrace the Shadow to destroy her hero. Like Alexstrasza, Amara's card text says "set" Health and not "restore" Health, and therefore shouldn't have any interaction with cards that convert healing into damage. This issue was fixed with Patch 22.214.171.12406, and she now correctly sets the hero's health to 40. 
- It appears that the reason for this bug was that Amara would first set the hero's health to 40, and then heal for 40. Because of this, if the player had a Bolf Ramshield, they will take no damage, because Bolf would intercept the 40 damage. The current Health would remain the same, while the maximum Health would increase to 40.
- There was also a bug that caused Amara to deal damage to a Ragnaros hero after Ragnaros' Health is raised from 8 to 15 by Alexstrasza. . This bug was fixed in the same patch.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 126.96.36.19936 (2017-04-04) Added.
- Patch 188.8.131.5206 (2017-06-01) Fixed the battlecry's mechanism to work like Alexstrasza's battlecry.
References[edit | edit source]
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2017-03-02).
- HysteriA (2017-04-06). Hearthstone Mythbusters 30 - UNGORO SPECIAL.
- HysteriA (2017-04-16). Hearthstone Mythbusters 32.