|Set:||Ashes of Outland|
Deathrattle: Summon a 0/3 Ashes of Al'ar that resurrects this minion on your next turn.
Week 679: Still no mount...
How to get[edit | edit source]
Summoned minions[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Unlike Waxadred and Sherazin, Corpse Flower, the ashes are very easy to destroy with a measly 3 health, making the resurrect effect difficult to get value out of. However, several classes have options for copying Al'ar, such as Shadowy Figure, Psyche Split or Emperor Wraps. The presence of multiple Al'ar makes it particularly difficult for minions to clear them all.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Al'ar is Kael'thas Sunstrider's precious pet phoenix that he cares for deeply. Kael'thas summoned Al'ar to destroy the undead blocking the way into the Sunwell Plateau during his mission to destroy the tainted Sunwell.
- His children reside near their father and aid in attacking those invading Kael'thas's sanctum. As with all phoenixes, he is reborn from his own ashes, so adventurers wishing to take him down may have to do so more than once during the encounter.
- Kael'thas often boasted that death would never claim it. Perhaps he was right.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Al'ar's flavor text is a reference to the Ashes of Al'ar, a highly sought-after mount that very rarely drops from Kael'thas' boss encounter in Tempest Keep. Many World of Warcraft players have spent years killing Kael'thas every week in the hopes of obtaining the Ashes of Al'ar, similar to other rare boss drop mounts like the Fiery Warhorse's Reins or the Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent.
- Specifically, the week Ashes of Outland became available, it had been exactly 679 weeks since Tempest Keep (where Al'ar was from) launched in 2007.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 18.104.22.168222 (2020-03-26): Added.